Current Affairs, April 2017
Home⇒Current Affairs⇒Current Affairs, April-2017
26th April, Current Affairs:
• 1983 Uttar Pradesh cadre officer Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar appointed as the
next chief of the Central Police Reserve Force.
• The BJP has wins all the three civic bodies of Delhi in the MCD elections 2017.
25th April, Current Affairs:
• World Malaria Day is observed today.
• Renowned filmmaker and actor Kasinadhuni Viswanath has won the Dadasaheb Phalke award for the year 2016 for his outstanding contribution to the film industry.
• Indian environmental activist Prafulla Samantara announced as the Asia recipient of the Goldman Environmental Prize for safeguarding their land and culture.
24th April, Current Affairs:
• 26 Central Reserve Police Force personal died in an attack by Maoist in
Sukma area of Chhattisgarh.
• NASA astronaut Peggy Whitson creates the record by breaking astronaut Jeff Williams’ record for cumulative time in space by an American astronaut, which was 534 days, 2 hours and 48 minutes.
22nd April, Current Affairs:
• The 47th Earth Day is celebrated today.
19th April, Current Affairs:
• The cabinet today decided that from 1st May, red beacons will be banned
for everybody including the President, Prime Minister and the Chief Justice
of India. Only emergency vehicles like fire engines, ambulances and police
vans can use beacons.
• Real Madrid and Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo create history by becoming the first player to reach 100 Champions League goals after he scored a hat-trick against Bayern Munich in quarter-final.
• Chris Gayle became the first batsman in the world to reach 10,000 runs in Twenty20 cricket.
18th April, Current Affairs:
• The World Heritage Day is celebrated today.
16th April, Current Affairs:
• B Sai Praneeth defeat K Srikanth to win the Singapore Open men's singles title Super Series trophy by 17-21, 21-17, 21-12.
14th April, Current Affairs:
• The 126th birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar celebrated today
• Prime Minister Narendra Modilaunched BHIM-Aadhar pay app which will allow people to make payments without using a smartphone. The app will enable payments through the fingerprint scanner which will be authenticating the biometric details of a user with Aadhaar database.
• Bohag Bihu festival is celebrated in Assam from today.
13th April, Current Affairs:
• US force dropped the largest non-nuclear bomb known as Massive Ordnance
Air Blast (MOAB) in Achin district in Nangarhar province in Afghanistan.
• In the by-elections held for 10 assembly seats in eight states, BJP has won five seats and Congress has won three seats.
• President Pranab Mukherjee conferred Padma awards to several prominent personalities at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
11th April, Current Affairs:
• Colson Whitehead's "The Underground Railroad," has won the Pulitzer
Prize for fiction.
• India's largest e-commerce firm Flipkart acquires eBay’s India business.
• United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres designated Malala Yousafzai as the youngest UN Messenger of Peace with a special focus on girls' education.
9th April, Current Affairs:
• India's first ever micro-drama festival was held in Delhi. The longest
play running for not more than 10 minutes and the shortest one ending in 42
• Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull arrived in New Delhi on a four day visit.
8th April, Current Affairs:
• India and Bangladesh signed 22 pacts in various key sectors during the visit of Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
7th April, Current Affairs:
• World Health Day observed today with theme Depression: Let's Talk.
• The National Film Awards were announced today in New Delhi. Akshay Kumar has won National Award for Best Actor for the film Rustom. Rakesh Mapuskar won Best Director for the Marathi film Ventilator. Marathi film Kasav won Best Feature Film. Surabhi Lakshmi won Best Actress award.
6th April, Current Affairs:
• Raman Roy has been appointed as the chairman of The National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) for 2017-2018.
5th April, Current Affairs:
• The 10th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) starts with the opening match played between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Sunrisers Hyderabad at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad.
4th April, Current Affairs:
• Rama Navami is being celebrated across the country today.
3rd April, Current Affairs:
• The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore ranks as the top in
the annual best national University rankings released by the HRD ministry.
• At least 10 people were killed and 50 others injured during an explosion in a subway train in St Petersburg, Russian.
2nd April, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi today inaugurate the country's longest
road tunnel 'Chenani-Nashri Highway Tunnel' in Jammu and Kashmir. The tunnel
is also Asia's longest bi-directional highways tunnel. The tunnel is 9 km
long which connects Jammu and Srinagar.
• PV Sindhu defeated Carolina Marin of Spain by 21-19, 21-16 to win her maiden India Open Superseries title.