Current Affairs, July 2017
Home⇒Current Affairs⇒Current Affairs, July-2017
23rd July, Current Affairs:
• Members of Parliament bid adieu to outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee
at a ceremony in the Central Hall of Parliament.
• England wins the ICC Women's World Cup after defeating India by 9 runs in the final.
19th July, Current Affairs:
• Ram Nath Kovind elected as India's 14th President. He will take oath on July 25th.
18th July, Current Affairs:
• Minister for Textiles Smriti Irani will hold additional charge of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry. M Venkaiah Naidu resigned as Information and Broadcasting Minister after he was named as the government's nominee for Vice President of India.
17th July, Current Affairs:
• Voting for the election of 14th President of India conducted today. Ram
Nath Kovind and Meira Kumar is the main candidate for the post.
• Senior BJP leader and union minister M Venkaiah Naidu picked as NDA's vice presidential nominee.
16th July, Current Affairs:
• Sixteen Amarnath pilgrims killed as a Bus falls into gorge in
Jammu-Srinagar National Highway.
• The 18th edition of the International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA) was held in New York. Sonam Kapoor's Neerja won the Best Film award. Alia Bhatt and Shahid Kapoor won the Best Actor Award for Udta Punjab.
• Roger Federer wins a record eighth Wimbledon title with a 6-3, 6-1, 6-4 win over Marin Cilic.
15th July, Current Affairs:
• World Youth Skills day is celebrated today.
• Spain's Garbine Muguruza won her first Wimbledon title after defeating Venus Williams by 7-5 6-0.
14th July, Current Affairs:
• The IPL ban on Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals is officially over from today.
12th July, Current Affairs:
• Indian women Cricketer Mithali Raj surpassed Charlotte Edwards of
England to become the highest run-getter. She also became the first ever
woman cricketer to touch the 6,000 ODI runs mark.
• Ravi Shastri appointed as the new coach of Indian Cricket Team. Zaheer Khan appointed as the bowling coach of Indian Cricket Team.
10th July, Current Affairs:
• India top the medal tally for first time in the history of the Asian
Athletics Championships with 29 medals (12 gold, 5 silver and 12 bronze).
• UNESCO declared the 600-year-old walled city of Ahmedabad as a world heritage city, the first Indian city to make it to the list.
7th July, Current Affairs:
• Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives in Hamburg City in Germany
to attain G-20 summit.
• Indian captain Virat Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar's record for most ODI hundreds while chasing. Kohli scored his 18th century for India while chasing to beat West Indies by eight wickets in the fifth ODI to clinch the five-match series 3-1.
5th July, Current Affairs:
• A total of seven agreements were signed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
and his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu.
• The Centre today named Election Commissioner Achal Kumar Joti the next Chief Election Commissioner of India.
4th July, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived at Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion airport
in Israel. This is the first-ever visit to Israel by an Indian Prime
• Madhya Pradesh government has planted 6.63 crore saplings on the banks of Narmada in 12 hours, a feat that may find its way into the Guinness World Records.
3rd July, Current Affairs:
• Germany has won the Confederations Cup after defeating Chile by 1-0 in the final.
1st July, Current Affairs:
• The Goods and Services Tax or GST is implemented in India from today.
• National Doctors' Day is celebrated in the memory of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.