Current Affairs, March 2018
Home⇒Current Affairs⇒Current Affairs, March-2018
17th March, Current Affairs:
• Chennaiyin FC beat Bengaluru FC 3-2 to win the 2018 Indian Super League (ISL) title at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium in Bengaluru.
14th March, Current Affairs:
• The renowned British scientist Stephen
Hawking died in Cambridge in England at the age of 76. He overcame
degenerative motor neuron disease to unlocking the secrets of the universe.
• The Samajwadi Party wins the by-elections in Uttar Pradesh in the Gorakhpur and Phulpur seats. In Bihar, the RJD retain the Araria Lok Sabha seat and has won the Jehanabad assembly seat. The BJP has won the Bhabua assembly seat.
• Angela Merkel re-elected as the Chancellor of Germany for a fourth consecutive times.
13th March, Current Affairs:
• The Supreme Court indefinitely extended
the deadline for linking Aadhaar with mobile phones, tatkal passports and
for opening bank accounts from March 31, 2018.
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) banned banks from issuing Letters of Undertaking (LoUs).
• Nine CRPF personnel were killed and two were injured in an ambush by Maoists in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma district.
12th March, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron have inaugurated Uttar Pradesh's biggest solar power plant in Mirzapur district's Chhanvey block.
11th March, Current Affairs:
• China has approved the removal of the two-term limit on the presidency which will allow present President Xi Jinping to remain in power for life.
10th March, Current Affairs:
• Architect Balkrishna Doshi becomes first Indian architect to win Pritzker Prize which is considered as the architecture's "Nobel" equivalent.
9th March, Current Affairs:
• Biplab Kumar Deb took oath as the first
BJP Chief Minister in Tripura.
• France President Emmanuel Macron arrived in India on a 4 day official visit.
• World champions Australia lifted the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup for a record 10th time after beating England 2-1 in the final.
8th March, Current Affairs:
• International Women's Day is celebrated today.
6th March, Current Affairs:
• Conrad Sangma took oath as 12th Chief Minister of the State of Meghalaya.
5th March, Current Affairs:
• The 90th annual Academy Awards ceremony took place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. The Shape of Water won a leading four awards, including Best Picture and Best Director for Guillermo del Toro. Gary Oldman wins the Best actor award for Darkest Hour. Frances McDormand wins Best Actress award for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
4th March, Current Affairs:
• Kirshna Kumari Kolhi from Sindh province becomes the first-ever Hindu Dalit woman Senator in Pakistan.
3rd March, Current Affairs:
• BJP ending the two-decade run of the
CPM's Manik Sarkar as chief minister after BJP wins the Tripura Assembly
election with 42 seats out of total 59.
• In Nagaland Assembly election, the BJP and its regional partner NDPP leading in 27 seats, while the NPF of Chief Minister TR Zeliang is leading in 26.
• In Meghalaya Assembly election, no party able to reach the majority mark in the state Assembly. Congress lead the election with 21 seats.
• Navjot Kaur becomes the first Indian women to win gold medal at Asian Wrestling Championship. She wins the gold medal at 65Kg freestyle wrestling category held at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
2nd March, Current Affairs:
• Holi, the festival of colours is celebrated today in India.
1st March, Current Affairs:
• The Union Cabinet approved the Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill that provides for confiscating all assets of absconding fraudsters and loan defaulters to recover dues.