• Andhra Pradesh is located in the Southern peninsula of India.
• It has a coast line of 974 km. It is the second longest coastline in India.
• Andhra Pradesh is the eight largest states in India in area size.
• According to 2011 census, it is tenth largest by population in the state.
• The state of Andhra Pradesh forms a part of the Deccan plateau. The state has two main regions Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema.
• Vijayawada is the capital city of the state.
• The state is bordered to Telangana and Chhattisgarh in the north, Tamil Nadu in the south, Orissa in the northeast, Karnataka in the west and Bay of Bengal in the east.
• Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Tirupati, Guntur, Kakinada, Nellore, Kurnool are some of the key cities in the state.
• The official language of Andhra Pradesh is Telugu. Hindi, English and Tamil are the other languages used.
• Its total geographical area is 1,60,200 sq km.
• As per the 2011 Census, Andhra Pradesh has a total population of 49,386,799.
• Presently the state has 13 districts. It has population density of 308 persons / sq km.
• Literacy Rate of the state is 67.41 %.
• Krishna and Godavari is the two main river of Andhra Pradesh.
• The state has 175 assembly constituencies and 25 MP Constituencies.
• Kuchipudi is the state's best-known classical dance form.
• Economy of the state is mainly based on Agriculture and Livestock. Jowar, rice, bajra are the major crops of Andhra Pradesh. Andhra Pradesh is also known as the Rice Bowl of India.
• Araku Valley, Borra Caves in the Ananthagiri Hills, Nagarjuna Konda in Nagarjunasagar, Krishna Wildlife Sanctuary, Lord Venkateswara Temple in Tirupati are the major tourist attraction places.
|Song||Maa Telugu Thalliki|
|District||Headquarter||Population (2011)||Area (in sq.km)||Density (per sq.km)|
|YSR Kadapa district||Kadapa||28,84,524||15,359||188|