• The state of Chhattisgarh was formed on 01 November, 2000 with 16 districts from Madhya. At present the state has 27 districts.
• Chhattisgarh is the 10th largest state by area. Total area size of the state is 135,190 sq km.
• Chhattisgarh is the 16th largest state in terms of population.
• Its total population is approximately 2.8 cores according to 2011 census.
• Literacy rate in Chhattisgarh's is 71.04%.
• The native language of people of Chhattisgarh is Chhattisgarhi.
• The official language of the state is Hindi.
• The economy of the state mainly depends on agriculture, electrical power and steel production. It is an important hub for steel and electrical power production of in India. The state produce about 15% of the total steel production in India.
• Raipur is the capital city of Chhattisgarh.
• Chhattisgarh shares the borders with the states of Maharashtra in the west, Andhra Pradesh in the south, Madhya Pradesh in the northwest, Jharkhand in the northeast, Uttar Pradesh in the north and Orissa in the east.
• Chhattisgarh is primarily a rural state with only 20% of population residing in urban areas.
• More than one-third of the state’s residents belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. Gond, Muriya, Munda, Abujmaria are some of the tribal communities found in Chhattisgarh.
• Raipur, Bilaspur, Raigarh, Durg are some of the major cities in the state.
• Mahanandi, Indravati, Son are the main rivers of Chhattisgarh.
• Major tourist centers in the state are Bhoramdev, Champaranya, Chitrakoot, Indrawati National Park, Bastar, Kangerghati National Park, Danteswari Temple etc.
|District||Headquarters||Area (km2)||Population (2011)||Population Density (/km2)|
|Baloda Bazar||Baloda Bazar||4,748||13,05,343||275|