Current Affairs, September 2018
Home⇒Current Affairs⇒Current Affairs, September-2018
18th September, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi and
his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurated the
construction of a friendship pipeline project through video conferencing.
The 130-kilometre India-Bangladesh Friendship Pipeline Project will connect
Siliguri in West Bengal in India and Parbatipur in Dinajpur district of
• The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards were announced at the Microsoft Theater, Los Angeles, California, United States. Amazon’s The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel became the first streaming series to win top Emmy comedy honors. HBO’s Game of Thrones wins the award for Outstanding Drama Series.
17th September, Current Affairs:
• As announced by Union Government,
three state-run banks of India - Dena Bank, Vijaya Bank and Bank of Baroda
will be merged to create the third-largest bank in the country.
• The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched its polar satellite launch vehicle (PSLV) C42 carrying two earth observation satellites for the United Kingdom.
16th September, Current Affairs:
• Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya set a new
marathon world record in Berlin after smashing the previous best as he
clocked 2hr 1min 40sec.
• Japan's Kento Momota defeated Khosit Phetpradab 21-14, 21-11 in the final to capture the Japan Open badminton title. Carolina Marin retained her Japan Open women's singles title by beating Nozomi Okuhara 21-19, 17-21, 21-11.
14th September, Current Affairs:
• National Hindi Divas (Hindi Day) observed across India to promote Hindi as Matra Bhasha (mother tongue) of India.
13th September, Current Affairs:
• The President has appointed Justice Ranjan Gogoi as the 46th Chief Justice of India. Justice Gogoi will assume office from October 3. He is the first Chief Justice of India from Assam.
11th September, Current Affairs:
• Over 50 people, including four
children have died in a bus accident in Telangana's Jagtiyal district.
• Samsung India opens world's largest mobile experience centre in Bengaluru.
• Light Combat Aircraft Tejas successfully completes first-ever aerial refuelling trail.
• India lost the five matches Test series against England by 4-1.
10th September, Current Affairs:
• Novak Djokovic beat Juan Martin del
Potro in the US Open final by 6-3 7-6 (7-4) 6-3 and win his 14th Grand Slam
• Alastair Cook becomes the fifth player to score centuries in both the debut and final Tests, after Australians Reggie Duff, Bill Ponsford, Greg Chappell and India's Mohammed Azharuddin. He scored a century in the second innings in his final Test against India. Cook’s Test career began with a fifty in the first innings followed by a century at Nagpur in 2006, also against India.
9th September, Current Affairs:
• Naomi Osaka became the first Japanese to win a Grand Slam singles title after defeating Serena Williams by 6-2, 6-4 in the US Open final.
8th September, Current Affairs:
• The 52nd International Literacy Day
is celebrated today across the World.
• Alibaba’s co-founder and executive chairman Jack Ma retire from the e-commerce company.
7th September, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi
inaugurates India's first Global Mobility Summit "MOVE" in New Delhi.
• India's Hriday Hazarika won gold in men's 10m air rifle at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Championships.
5th September, Current Affairs:
• Teachers' Day is celebrated today in
the memory of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan and to honor the contribution
made by teachers to the society.
• International Day of Charity 2018 observed globally.
• Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's (PTI) candidate Arif Alvi elected as the President of Pakistan.
2nd September, Current Affairs:
• Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated
today in India.
• The 18th Asian Games ended with a closing glittering ceremony in Jakarta. China topped the medals table with 132 Golds. India ended their Asian Games campaign with a total of 69 medals, including 15 gold, 24 silver and 30 bronze medals.
• Women's hockey team captain Rani Rampal has been named India's flag-bearer for the closing ceremony of the Asian Games 2018.
1st September, Current Affairs:
• Justice Ranjan Gogoi appointed as
the next Chief Justice of India. He will take charge as the next Chief
Justice of India on October 3.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the India Post Payments Bank or IPPB in New Delhi which is the largest payments bank in the country by network size.