How to load Windows Profile Faster in a Computer or Laptop
When a Windows machine runs for long time like 6 months or 1 year without the need of formatting, it starts to takes time while loading the your windows profile. You can make the profile load faster by the following steps:
Using msconfig command :
1, Click start button and go to run box. Or you can click "Windows+R".
2. Type "msconfig" and press enter. It will show a screen like the below one.
3. Click on Startup Tab.
4. Uncheck all check boxes which are not necessary to run during startup of the machine. Keep the checkbox in check against the antivirus program, so that your machine stays secure and protected.
5. Click Ok. It will ask for restart the machine. You can restart the machine instantly or later also.
6. Once you restart the machine, when you login the profile a window will appear for information. Click the check box on that window so that it doesn’t appear each time you logon the machine.
Remove temp file:
You can remove temp file from the machine. These can be done by two ways : First type "temp" in the run box, press enter and delete all files and folder under that folder (C:\Windows\temp). Also type "%temp%" in the run box, press enter and delete all files and folder under that folder (C:\Document & Settings\Profile Name\Application Data\Local\temp). Or instead of these two steps you can click Start, then All Programs, then Accessories, then System Tools, and then select Disk Cleanup. It will also clean up the temporary files and folders.
Delete "$NtUninstall" folder:
We can delete the "$NtUninstall" folders under Windows folder in C drive. It also recover space in C Drive. For that one:
1. Open C drive, go to windows folder.
2. Now click Tools, go to Folder Option.
3. Select View tab.
4. Click "Show hidden files, folders and drives" option and click OK.
5. Now you will see some folders within the Windows folder with the name began "$NtUninstall". You can delete those folders. But be careful so that other folders are not deleted, otherwise the operating system will be corrupted.
Defragmentation helps in rearranging the free disk space and file allocation. It improves access time for each file in the computer. Defragmentation option can be found in the properties of each partition.