Things to Know about India...
1. Fundamental Rights to Indian Citizens
-> Right to Equality
-> Right to Freedom
-> Right against Exploitation
-> Right to Freedom of Religion
-> Cultural and Educational Rights
-> Right to Constitutional Remedies
2. The Constitution of India containing 448 articles in 22 parts, 12 schedules and 118 amendments.
3. Ashok Stambh, the National Emblem of India has four Asiatic lions standing back to back. It symbolizing power, courage, pride, and confidence. Below the four lions, an elephant (of the east), a horse (of the south), a bull (of the west), and a lion (of the north). The animals are separated by wheels known as Dharma Chakras. The four animals were originally supposed to represent the four stages in the life of the Buddha.
4. Neelam Sanjiva Reddy is the only person to be elected to the office of the President of India unopposed.
5. At 64year, 67 days, Neelam Sanjiva Reddy became the youngest ever person to be elected as President of India.
6. Rajiv Gandhi at the age of 40 years, 72 days became the youngest Prime Minister of India.
7. India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhavan was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.
8. Amar Jawan Jyoti was inaugurated by Mrs Indira Gandhi on 23rd republic day after India-Pakistan War.
9. Rashtrapati Bhavan has 4 floors and 360 rooms.
10. President Sukarno , Indonesia was the first chief guest in Indian Republic Day, 1950.
11. The Madras Regiment is the oldest exiting regiment in the Indian army formed in the 1750s.
12. Ashoka Chakra has 24 spokes.
13. In the National Flag of India, the saffron color represents courage and sacrifice; white color represent truth, peace and purity; green color represent prosperity and the Ashok Chakra represents the Laws of Dharma.
14. Everest is named after Sir George Everest, a Welsh surveyor, geographer and Surveyor-General of India from 1830 to 1843.
15. The highest post office in the world is in Hikkim, Himachal Pradesh, India at a height of 15,500 ft (4,700 m) (postal code 172114).
16. Kumbh Mela held every third year at one of the four places by rotation: Haridwar, Allahabad, Nasik and Ujjain.
17. Madhya Pradesh has the largest forest cover in India at 77,700 square km.
18. Uttar Pradesh (35,148,377) has the largest Scheduled Caste population.
19. Uttar Pradesh is the state with maximum number of districts in India. It has a total of 70 districts.
20. Kachchh, Gujarat is the largest Districts of India by Territorial Area 45652 sq. km.
21. India Gate is 42-metre tall.
22. Rajiv Gandhi was the first Occupants of 7, Race Course Road the official residence of the Prime Minister of India.
23. Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling is the longest-serving Chief Minister of any state of India, served as the Chief Minister of Sikkim for more than 20 years.
24. Ganga is the longest and Brahmaputra is the widest river in India.