Russian Facts and Information
Home⇒Interesting Facts⇒Country Wise Facts⇒ Russia Facts
• The size of Russia is bigger than Pluto.
• 77% of Russian land is made up of Siberia.
• The Trans-Siberian Railway is the longest railway in the world. The 9,289 km long journey takes more than 152 hours to complete.
• There are approximately 10 million more women in Russia than there are men.
• Russia's pipelines network is are 259,913 kilometers long which could loop around Earth over six times.
• The Urals are the oldest mountains in the world and lake Baikal is the world's deepest lake and the largest reservoir of fresh water on earth.
• Lake Karachay in Russia is the most radioactive and most polluted lake in the world.
• The closest point between Russia and America is only 4 km long.
• The Metro of St. Petersburg is the world’s deepest subway. It is about 100 m deep.
• Russia’s Volga River is the longest river in Europe, with a length of around 3690 kilometers.