Jharkhand is a state located in the eastern region of India. It was carved out of the southern part of Bihar state in 2000. The state is known for its rich natural resources, including minerals such as coal, iron ore, and bauxite. Jharkhand is also known for its forest cover and diverse wildlife.
The state is home to several indigenous tribes, such as the Santhal, Ho, and Munda tribes, who have their own unique culture and traditions. The state is also known for its production of minerals, agriculture, and forest-based products. The state is also home to several major industrial areas such as Ranchi, Jamshedpur, and Bokaro.
Jharkhand is also known for its natural beauty, it has several waterfalls like Dassam falls, Jonha falls, Hundru falls and it also has several national parks and wildlife sanctuaries like Betla National Park, Palamau Tiger Reserve and Hazaribagh Wildlife Sanctuary.
Below are some important facts to remember about Jharkhand:
• Jharkhand is a state in eastern part of India.
• The state is formed on 15th November, 2000 from Bihar.
• Jharkhand shares its boundary with the Bihar on the north, Odisha to the south, Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh to the west and West Bengal to the east.
• Ranchi is the capital city of Jharkhand. Jamshedpur is the largest and the biggest industrial city of the state. The sub-capital of the state is Dumka.
• The population of the state according to 2011 census is 32,988,134.
• The literacy rate is 66.40%. Hindi, Santhali, Mundari, Bengali, Oriya, Kurukh are the languages spoken in Jharkhand.
• Density in the state is 414 persons per sq. km.
• Total number of districts in the state is 24.
• The main rivers in the state are Koel, Damodar, Brahmani, Subarnarekha and Kharkai.
• Jharkhand contains 40% of the mineral resources of India. The main mineral resources found in Jharkhand are like Coal, Iron, Copper, Uranium, Mica,Bauxite, Granite, Gold, Silver, Graphite, Magnetite, Dolomite, Fireclay, Quartz, Fieldspar, etc.
• The state has rich flora and fauna.
• The state is a tribal dominated state. Santhal, Oraon, Ho, Bhumij, Kharia are the some of the main tribal communities in the state.
• The economy of the state is depend on industry and agriculture. Dhanbad is known as the Coal Capital of India. Some of the biggest factories are located in Jharkhand are like fertiliser factory, Steel plant, Iron and steel factory etc.
• Bokaro steel plant is the largest steel plant in Asia.