• Kerala located on the Malabar Coast at the south-west region of India.
• The State was formed on 1 November 1956.Total area of the state is 38,863 square km.
• It share its boundary with Tamil Nadu to the east and south, Karnataka to the north and north east and the Lakshadweep Sea to the west.
• The population of the state is 3.3 cores as per the 2011 census.
• Total district in the state is 14 districts.
• Malayalam is the official language of the state.
• Thiruvananthapuram is the state capital city of Kerala while other major cities include Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Kottayam, Alappuzha, Kannur,Thrissur.
• It is a state with the lowest positive population growth rate in India with 3.44 % and has a density of 860 people per square km.
• The state also has the highest literacy rate 95.5% and the highest life expectancy with 77 years.
• The total assembly constituencies are 140 and total Lok Sabha constituencies are 20.
• The economy of the state mainly depends on Agricultural and Tourism. Main tourist attraction places are Kovalam, Varkala, Periyar Tiger Reserve, Munnar, Wayanad, Alleppey, Kumarakom. Kerala tourism mainly popular for Natural Beauty, Ayurveda Treatment, Ayurvedic Massage, Backwater cruises etc.
• Periyar is the main river of Kerala.
• Onam is the main festival of Kerala which is mainly a harvest festival. Kathakali, Mohiniyattam, Koodiyattom, Thullal and Krishnanattam are the dances originated and developed in Kerala.