Telangana is a state located in the southern part of India. It is the 12th most populous state in the country and the 11th largest in terms of area. The capital and largest city of Telangana is Hyderabad, which is also a major center of information technology (IT) and biotechnology. Telangana was carved out of Andhra Pradesh in 2014 and it is the 29th state of India. Telangana has a rich cultural heritage and history, with a strong influence of the Deccan plateau. The state is known for its rich tradition of literature, art, and music, as well as for its historical monuments and temples, such as the Charminar, the Qutb Shahi Tombs, and the Thousand Pillar Temple.
The state's economy is primarily based on agriculture, with major crops including paddy, cotton, sugarcane, and maize. Telangana is also known for its rich mineral resources, particularly coal, limestone, and feldspar. The state has also seen a significant growth in the IT and biotechnology sectors in recent years. Telangana is bordered by the Indian states of Maharashtra to the north, Chhattisgarh to the east, Andhra Pradesh to the south, and Karnataka to the west. The Godavari and Krishna rivers flow through the state. The state has its own language known as Telugu which is spoken by majority of its population.
Below are some important points to remember about Telangana:
• Telangana is a newly created state in southern part of India. Telangana is situated on the Deccan Plateau.
• It is created from the state of Andhra Pradesh with an area 1,14,840 square km.
• The state consists of 10 districts.
• The state was established in 2nd June, 2014.
• Telangana is surrounded by Chhattisgarh and Odisha in the north, Andhra Pradesh in south and east and Maharastra and Karnataka in west.
• Hyderabad is the largest and capital city of Telanaga.
• Total population in the state is more than 3.5 cores as per 2011 census.
• The density in the state is 310 per square km. 66.50 % of the total population is literate.
• The economy of the state is mainly depends on agriculture.
• Krishna and Godavari are by the two main rivers in the state.
• Total number of parliamentary constituency in the state is 17.
• Telugu and Urdu are the official language of Telangana.
• Hyderabad, Nizamabad, Warangal and Karimnagar are the main cities in Telanaga.
• Charminar, Golconda Fort, Chowmahalla Palace, Qutb Shahi Tombs, Bhadrachalam Temple etc are the main tourist attraction in Telangana.
|Song||Jaya Jaya He Telangana|