• Uttarakhand is located on the northern part of India on the foothills of the Himalayan mountain ranges.
• It is a hilly state which was formed on the 9th November 2000 as the 27th State of India.
• The state share its boundaries with China (Tibet) in the north and Nepal in the east, Uttar Pradesh on south and Himachal Pradesh on north-west.
• The state is divided into two divisions, Garhwal and Kumaon. Uttarakhand have a total of 13 districts.
• Total area in the state is 53, 484 square km.
• Dehradun is the capital city of the state which is also the largest city of Uttarakhand.
• According to 2011 census, population in the state is 10,116,752.
• Population density in the state is 189 per square km.
• 79.63 % percent of the total population is literate.
• The state is also having some of the famous hill stations in India. Almora, Corbett National Park, Dehradun, Haridwar, Mussoorie, Nainital, Rishikesh etc are the main tourist attraction place in the state.
• The economy of the state is mainly depends on agriculture, tourism and hydropower.
• One of the major Hindu pilgrimages, Kumbh Mela, takes place in Uttarakhand.
|Song||Uttarakhand Devabhumi Matribhumi|
|Animal||Alpine musk deer|