Current Affairs, February 2017
Home⇒Current Affairs⇒Current Affairs, February-2017
20th February, Current Affairs:
• Afghanistan's Mohammad Nabi becomes the first Afghan cricketer to include in the Indian Premier League after he was sold to Sunrisers Hyderabad in IPL auction.
16th February, Current Affairs:
• Edappadi Palaniswami took oath as the new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
15th February, Current Affairs:
• India's space agency ISRO launched a record 104 satellites on a single
rocket from the Sriharikota spaceport in Andhra Pradesh. In about 18
minutes, all 104 satellites were released into space.
• The assembly elections held today in Uttarakhand with 68 per cent polling. Also the second phase assembly election held today in Uttar Pradesh.
13th February, Current Affairs:
• The 59th edition of Grammy Awards ceremony held in Staples Center, Los
Angeles. Adele's album, 25 wins the Album of the Year award.
• The 70th British Academy Film Awards held at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Damien Chazelle's "La La Land" wins most of the awards.
12th February, Current Affairs:
• The Hindustan Motors sells its iconic brand car Ambassador to European
auto major Peugeot for Rs 80 crore.
• Ravichandran Ashwin became the fastest bowler to reach 250 wickets in Test match history. He surpassed Australian legend Dennis Lillee's record by taking 45 matches to reach the landmark.
• India beat Pakistan to win the T20 World Cup for Blind.
11th February, Current Affairs:
• Voting is being held in 73 assembly constituencies in Uttar Pradesh in
the first of seven phases elections in the state.
• India successfully tested PDV (Prithvi Defence Vehicle) interceptor missile that can hit an incoming ballistic missile from Abdul Kalam Island (Wheeler Island) off Odisha.
10th February, Current Affairs:
• India's first National Women's Parliament began in Amaravati, Andhra
• Indian Captain Virat Kohli became the first batsman in Test history to score a double century in four consecutive series. He surpasses the records of Sir Don Bradman and Rahul Dravid, who had a double ton in three successive series.
• India became the first team in cricket history to score 600-plus in 3 successive Tests innings after scoring 687 runs in the first innings against Bangladesh.
8th February, Current Affairs:
• RBI raises weekly cash withdrawal limit to Rs. 50,000 a week from
February 20th. From March 13th, there will be no limit for withdrawal.
• Sourabh Verma and Rituparna Das won the men's single and women's singles title in the 81st Senior National Badminton Championships tournament in Patna, Bihar.
6th February, Current Affairs:
• Qatar Airways makes the world's longest commercial flight after its flight landed in New Zealand. The Doha-Auckland service covers 14,535 kilometres (9,032 miles).
5th February, Current Affairs:
• India defeated New Zealand 4-1 to enter the second round of Davis Cup Group 1 Asia/Oceania.
4th February, Current Affairs:
• Assembly election voting for Punjab and Goa had concluded today.
• World Cancer Day 2017 observed today globally.
3rd February, Current Affairs:
• Praveen Mahajan elected unopposed as the president of the All India Tennis Association (AITA).
2nd February, Current Affairs:
• Former Chelsea and England footballer Frank Lampard retires from football. He had 106 appearances for England's national team.
1st February, Current Affairs:
• Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presents the budget in Parliament. The
total expenditure of the budget is Rs. 21.47 lakh crore. Income tax for
persons who earn between 2.5 to 5 lakh has been cut from 10% to 5%.
Transactions above Rs. 3 lakh will not be allowed in cash after 1st April.
• For the first time, Union Finance Minister presented the combined budget of Independent India including the Railways in Union Budget 2017-2018.
• India wins three match T20 series against England by 2-1.