• National Science Day was observed.
• Chuck Hagel appointed as the new Secretary of Defense of the United States.
• Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal presented the Railway Budget for 2013-14 in Parliament.
• Delhi becomes the first state in the country to impose complete ban on manual scavenging.
• Microsoft introduces Internet Explorer 10.
• Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni equaled record of Sourav Ganguly with 21st test cricket win after defeating Australia by 8 wickets.
• Park Geun-hye sworn in as the first woman President of South Korea.
• Maghi Purnima Snan in of Mahakumbh 2013 at Allahabad.
• Jelena Jankovic, the former world no. 1 won the WTA Copa Claro Colsanitas Cup 2013.
• 85th Academy Awards for Oscar,2013 ceremony took place
• Assam became the first state in India to produce over 500 million kilogram tea for two years in a row.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the first Indian wicket-keeper to score double-century in a test match while scoring unbeaten 206 runs against Australia.
• Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 22 February 2013 issued final guidelines for issuing licenses for opening new banks
• Harbhajan Singh played his 100th test while playing against Australia in M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai.
• The Union Cabinet approved merger of Bharat Heavy Plate & Vessels Ltd. (BHPV) with Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL).
• Ratan Tata is awarded the life time achievement award 2012 by Ernst & Young.
• Two bombs exploded in Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad kill 14 people.
• Virat Kohli appointed as the captain of Royal Challengers Bangalore for IPL, 2013.
• Boiko Borisov announced resignation as Prime Minister of Bulgaria.
• Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari appointed as Chairman of the Sahitya Academy.
• Vishwanathan Anand wins the Grenke Classic Chess tournament.
• Social Worker Ela Bhatt awarded with Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace for 2011. She is the founder of SEWA.
• Rafael Nadal defeated David Nalbandian in to win the Brazil Open.
• Australia wins ICC Women’s World Cup Trophy. In the final, they defeat defeated West Indies by 114 runs.
• The Romanian film “Child's Pose(Pozitia Copilului)” bagged the Golden Bear prize for best film at the 63rd Berlin film festival.
• Serena Williams became the new World number one women’s tennis player after reaching Semifinals of Qatar Open Tennis Championship in Doha.
• In Chelyabinsk, Russia hit by a huge meteor shower, this injured at least 750 people.
• Y Bhaskar Rao, the former Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court, sworn in as the Lokayukta.
• US Airways and American Airlines merge to become the World’s biggest airline service.
• Asoke Kumar Mukerji is appointed as Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations.
• Mohan Parasaran is appointed as the new Solicitor General of India.
• North Korea conducted its third Nuclear Test at North Hamgyeong Province.
• Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty appointed as the chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi.
• International Olympics Committee (IOC) announced its decision to drop wrestling from the list of core sports in Olympics.
• Pope Benedict XVI announced that he would resign at the end of the month.
• 36 people died as stampede took place at the Allahabad railway.
• Ranchi Rhinos beat Delhi Waveriders 2-1 to win theHockey India League (HIL).
• Chinese new year celebrated.
• Rest of India team win Irani Trophy.
• Parliament Attack Convict, Afzal Guru hanged at Tihar Jail.
• Pandit Ravi Shankar honoured with the posthumous Lifetime Achievement Grammy award.
• MCX-SX, new stock exchange of India inaugurated by Finance Minister P. Chidambaram.
• Sachin Tendulkar scored his 81st century in first class cricket and equaled the record of Sunil Gavaskar.
• The Supreme Court of India ordered Karnataka to release 2.44 thousand million cubic feet of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
• Sally Jewell is appointed as new Interior Secretary of USA.
• ICICI Bank partnered with Aircel, launch of their mobile banking service called Mobile Money.
• Malda, West Bengal becomes India’s first all-women judicial magistrate’s court (JMC).
• Michael Clarke wins Allan Border Medal.
• World cancer day was observed raise awareness about cancer.
• India lost the Davis Cup Asia Oceania (Group-1) tie to South Korea.
• John Kerry replaced Hillary Clinton as United States’ new Secretary of State.
• Graeme Smith, South Africa becomes the first player in test cricket history to lead in 100 test matches.