Current Affairs, March 2016
Home⇒Current Affairs⇒Current Affairs, March-2016
31st March, Current Affairs:
• 18 people killed and over 50 injured after an under-construction flyover collapsed at Girish Park area in Kolkata.
30th March, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Brussels, Belgium.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel today Premotely launches Asia's biggest telescope, the Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) which is located at Devasthal near Nainital in Uttarakhand. The telescope is built with Belgian assistance.
• Seven CRPF jawans have been killed in an attack by the Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada.
• The Union Government announced that inoperative employees provident fund (EPF) accounts will also earn interest from 1st April.
27th March, Current Affairs:
• The winners of 63rd National Film Awards announced today. Amitabh
Bachchan and Kangana Ranaut won the Best Actor and Actress Award for the
movie Piku and Tanu Weds Manu Returns respectively. Telugu film Baahubali
won the Best Film award. For complete list visit
• President Pranab Mukherjee confers Padma Shri Awards today at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
• A team of 14 Indian Air Force pilots has created a national record by completing a 10,000-km-long paramotor adventure expedition.
26th March, Current Affairs:
• President's rule has been imposed in Uttarakhand following the recent
• A five-member Pakistan Joint Investigation Team (JIT) arrived in India to probe the Pathankot terror attack.
• At least 65 people killed and more than 280 injured in a suicide blast at a public park in the Pakistani city of Lahore in Pakistan.
• Australian all rounder Shane Watson retired from his 14 years of international cricket after the T20 match against India in Mohali today.
25th March, Current Affairs:
• Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has been named among the world's 50 greatest leaders by Fortune magazine.
24th March, Current Affairs:
• Mehbooba Mufti declared as the chief ministerial candidate for Jammu
and Kashmir by her party PDP at a meeting today.
• World Tuberculosis Day (WTD) observed today globally.
23rd March, Current Affairs:
• Holi, the festival of colors is celebrated across India.
• India will host the eighth annual Summit of BRICS from October 15-16 in Goa.
22nd March, Current Affairs:
• World Water Day (WWD) observed today globally.
• At Least 34 Killed in suicide terror attacks at the airport and metro station in Brussels.
21st March, Current Affairs:
• The Union Government reduced interest rates on small savings schemes
including that on Public Provident Fund, Senior Citizen Savings Scheme.
• Indian Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt wins a gold medal in the Asian Olympic Qualification tournament at Astana in Kazakhstan.
• Indian shuttler HS Prannoy wins the men's singles title at the 2016 Swiss Open in Basel, Switzerland after defeating Marc Zwiebler of Germany 21-18, 21-15 in the final.
20th March, Current Affairs:
• Indian Professor TV Paul took over as the 56th president of
International Studies Association (ISA), an US Study organization for higher
• For the first time in Pakistan, Sindh province has declared a public holiday on the occasion of Holi.
19th March, Current Affairs:
• Two Indians are among 62 killed when a Flydubai plane crash at
Rostov-on-Don airport in southern Russia.
• ICC suspends Bangladeshi bowlers Taskin Ahmed and Arafat Sunny for illegal bowling actions.
18th March, Current Affairs:
• Supreme Court modifies its earlier order to allow pictures of Union
Ministers, Chief Ministers, Governors and State Ministers to be published in
• British mathematician Sir Andrew Wiles named as the winner of the 2016 Abel Prize by the Norwegian Academy of Sciences and Letters in Oslo.
17th March, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates four-day World Sufi Forum in
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi named among the most influential people on the Internet by TIME magazine for second year in a row.
• Tikka Shatrujit Singh conferred with the Chevalier de la Legion d'Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honour) by the French ambassador to India.
16th March, Current Affairs:
• Madame Tussauds today announced that Prime Minister Narendra Modi's wax
figures will be shown at Madame Tussauds museum in London, Singapore, Hong
Kong and Bangkok from the month of April.
• The Aadhar Bill passed in Parliament, which will give central agencies access to the biometric database.
• Chris Gayle overtook former New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum as the player to hit most sixes (91) in Twenty20 Internationals.
15th March, Current Affairs:
• Myanmar's Parliament elected Htin Kyaw as the first civilian president of the country after 53 years of military rule.
14th March, Current Affairs:
• Former Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister and NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal
arrested for money laundering case connected to the Maharashtra Sadan
construction scam by the Enforcement Directorate.
• India successfully test-fired indigenously built nuclear capable intermediate range Agni-I ballistic missile in Odisha.
13th March, Current Affairs:
• China’s Lin Dan wins the All England badminton title after defeating
Tian Houwei by 21-9, 21-10.
• Services wins the Santosh Trophy National Football Championships title after defeating Maharashtra by 2-1 in the final.
10th March, Current Affairs:
• India's sixth navigation satellite, Indian Regional Navigation
Satellite System (IRNSS)-1F launched today by PSLV C32.
• Rajya Sabha today passed the Real Estate Bill to regulate the real estate sector and to bring transparency.
9th March, Current Affairs:
• National Green Tribunal cleared the Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's World
Culture Festival on the banks of the river with a penalty of 5 cores.
• The India-Pakistan World Twenty 20 match which will be played on March 19 has been shifted from Dharamsala to Kolkata.
8th March, Current Affairs:
• International Women's Day celebrated across the World today.
• Union Government today withdraw tax proposal on Employees' Provident Fund or EPF withdrawals which was announced in the last Budget.
• Five times Grand Slam champion Maria Sharapova provisionally suspended after she admits that she tested positive for banned drug during Australian Open.
7th March, Current Affairs:
• Maha Shivratri observed today across India.
6th March, Current Affairs:
• India wins the Asia Cup for sixth time after defeating Bangladesh by 8
wickets in Dhaka.
• The inventor of E-mail and the @symbol Raymond Samuel Tomlinson passed away in Washington at the age of 74.
4th March, Current Affairs:
• Election Commission of India declared assembly elections in Assam, West
Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Puducherry, which will be held between April
4 and May 16 and will be counted on May 19.
• Bollywood Actor Manoj Kumar will be conferred with the 47th Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2015.
• Former Lok Sabha Speaker PA Sangma passes away at the age of 68 in Delhi after suffering from heart attack.
3rd March, Current Affairs:
• Former New Zealand Cricket captain Martin Crowe died after suffering
from lymphoma at the age of 53. He had scored 17 centuries and 5444 runs in
77 tests at an average of 45.36.
• World's costliest train station Oculus is open today for the residents of New York City. The station is built on the same location where the New York twin tower was situated.
2nd March, Current Affairs:
• Microsoft's co-founder Bill Gates continued as the world's richest person in the Forbes' annual ranking of billionaires with a net worth of $75 billion.
1st March, Current Affairs:
• President Pranab Mukherjee formally declared Kerala as the first
digital state of India.
• Former India captain Rahul Dravid has been named mentor of Delhi Daredevils.