Current Affairs, November 2017
Home⇒Current Affairs⇒Current Affairs, November-2017
30th November, Current Affairs:
• Gross domestic product or GDP grows to 6.3 per cent for July to
• Cyclone Ockhi hits the coastal Tamil Nadu killing 4 peoples and damaging dozens of houses.
• Uttar Pradesh accounted for 9.5% of total crimes reported in the country, while Delhi reported the highest crime rate (974.9) for the year 2016, according to the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB).
• India archery team wins 3 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze in Asian Archery Championships in Dhaka.
28th November, Current Affairs:
• Three day Global Entrepreneurship Summit inaugurated by PM Narendra
Modi at Hyderabad's International Convention Centre.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched the metro rail in Hyderabad.
27th November, Current Affairs:
• Ravichandran Ashwin becomes the quickest to reach 300 Test Wickets. He achieved the feat in his 54th Test, beating the record of the legendary Australia fast bowler Dennis Lillee, who had reached the distinction in 56 matches.
26th November, Current Affairs:
• Constitution Day is celebrated today in India.
• Indian captain Virat Kohli surpassed Sunil Gavaskar's record of 11 centuries as captain in Test matches after he scored his 12 Test hundred as Indian captain. He also equals Brian Lara's record for most Test double hundreds as captain.
24th November, Current Affairs:
• Shubhangi Swaroop is set to be the first Naval woman pilot who will be flying a maritime reconnaissance aircraft. She and other three named Astha Segal, Roopa A and Sakthi Maya S created history by becoming the country's first women officers at the Naval Armament Inspectorate (NAI).
22nd November, Current Affairs:
• Brahmos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired for the first time from the Indian Air Force’s frontline Sukhoi-30 MKI combat jet.
21st November, Current Affairs:
• India's nominee to the International Court of Justice (ICJ), Dalveer Bhandari re-elected after the United Kingdom withdrew its candidate, Christopher Greenwood.
19th November, Current Affairs:
• Afghanistan clinches their maiden Under-19 Asia Cup trophy in Kuala Lumpur after they beat Pakistan in the final by 185 runs.
18th November, Current Affairs:
• Miss India Manushi Chhillar has won the Miss World beauty pageant for the year 2017 in Sanya, China.
16th November, Current Affairs:
• The Ambani family, led by brothers Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani, is
the richest Asian families with a net worth of $44.8 billion. The family has
claimed the top slot in Forbes list of top 50 richest Asian families.
• Radhika Jones becomes the first Indian-origin to be elected as the editor-in-chief of monthly American magazine Vanity Fair.
14th November, Current Affairs:
• Children's Day is celebrated in India on the birth occasion of India's
first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
• World Diabetes Day is observed globally today.
• Aditi Ashok becoming the first golfer from India to qualify for the LPGA Golf Tour.
• Italy failed to qualify for the FIFA World Cup for the first time since 1958.
13th November, Current Affairs:
• More than 400 people killed in a 7.3 magnitude earthquake in the border region of Iran and Iraq.
12th November, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in the Philippines to attend the 15th ASEAN-India Summit and 12th East Asia summit.
10th November, Current Affairs:
• Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today after GST review announced that only 50 items will remain in the highest tax slab of 28 per cent, with 178 others moved to the 18 per cent bracket effective November 15.
9th November, Current Affairs:
• 74 per cent voting done in the Himachal Pradesh State Assembly Election for 68 assembly constituencies.
8th November, Current Affairs:
• H S Prannoy and Saina Nehwal wins the 82nd Senior National Badminton
Championship in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
• Mary Kom wins the gold medal at Asian Boxing Championships for 5th times at Ho Ch Minh City, Vietnam.
7th November, Current Affairs:
• Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test-fires India's first indigenous sub-sonic cruise missile Nirbhay which can be deployed from multiple platforms.
5th November, Current Affairs:
• India Women's Team beats China by 5-4 to wins the Asia Cup Hockey after 13 years.
4th November, Current Affairs:
• Renowned Hindi litterateur Krishna Sobti has been chosen for this year's Jnanpith Award.
2nd November, Current Affairs:
• The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed the world's highest
motorable road in Ladakh region at a height of over 19,300 feet.
• According to Forbes’ real time billionaire’s list, Mukesh Ambani overtook China’s Hui Ka Yan to become Asia’s richest person with a total wealth of $42.1 billion.
1st November, Current Affairs:
• At least 12 people were killed and 100 injured after a boiler unit of
the NTPC exploded in Uttar Pradesh's Raebareli district.
• Indian fast bowler Ashish Nehra retires from all format of International Cricket. He takes 44 wickets in Test matches and 157 wickets in international ODI cricket.