Current Affairs, November2018
30th November, Current Affairs:
• The Indian economy grew at 7.1 per cent during the July-September quarter (quarter 2) for the financial year 2018-19.
29th November, Current Affairs:
• ISRO's PSLV-C43 successfully places
HysIS and 30 other foreign satellites in respective orbits. The HysIS is an
Earth observation satellite primarily to assist in a wide range of
applications in agriculture, forestry, geological environments, coastal
zones, among others. The 30 satellites are one each from Australia, Canada,
Colombia, Finland, Malaysia, Netherlands and Spain, and 23 from the USA.
• President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Arvind Saxena as the new Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission.
• G20 Summit 2018 begins in Argentina.
28th November, Current Affairs:
• Around 73 per cent votes were cast
in the Mizoram assembly polls held for all the 40 assembly seats. 74.61 per
cent voters exercised their franchise in the Madhya Pradesh assembly
elections for 230 assembly seats.
• Cristiano Ronaldo became the first player to achieve 100 Champions League wins with 1-0 victory over Valencia.
26th November, Current Affairs:
• After seven months of traveling
through space, the NASA InSight mission has landed on Mars.
• President RN Kovind appointed election commissioner Sunil Arora as the next Chief Election Commissioner. He is slated to take over as CEC on December 2, a day after incumbent Om Prakash Rawat retires.
• Men's Hockey World Cup 2018 started from today with opening ceremony in Bhubaneswar.
25th November, Current Affairs:
• India beat Australia by six wickets
in the third and the final T20I match at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) to
draw series 1-1.
• Australia Women Cricket Team wins their fourth women's World Twenty20 title after a eight-wicket victory over England in the final at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua and Barbuda.
24th November, Current Affairs:
• M C Mary Kom defeated Ukraine's Hanna Okhota in the final of the Women's World Boxing Championships to clinch the gold medal in the 48kg category and her sixth world title at the K.D. Jadhav Indoor Stadium.
21st November, Current Affairs:
• WhatsApp named Abhijit Bose as its India Head, the co-founder and chief executive of Indian mobile payments firm Ezetap.
20th November, Current Affairs:
• Nearly 72 per cent voting was recorded till 6 pm as polling came to a close in the second and final phase of Chhattisgarh assembly elections. A total of 1,079 candidates are contesting in the 72 constituencies of 19 districts in the State with an electorate of 1,54,00,596.
18th November, Current Affairs:
• The first trial run of indigenously developed Indian's engineless train, the "Train 18" was successfully conducted on tracks at Moradabad-Rampur section of Northern Indian Railways.
16th November, Current Affairs:
• Thirteen people were killed as cyclone Gaja made landfall in Tamil Nadu.
14th November, Current Affairs:
• Children Day is celebrated today.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Singapore for a two-day visit during which he will attend the East Asia Summit.
• Asian Games gold medallist Hima Das appointed as the UNICEF Youth Ambassador.
13th November, Current Affairs:
• Marvel legend Stan Lee, who is the
co-creator of iconic superheroes like Spider-Man and The Hulk died at the
age of 95 years in Los Angeles.
• Union minister Narendra Singh Tomar has been given the additional charge of the ministry of parliamentary affairs and D V Sadananda Gowda that of the ministry of chemicals and fertilisers.
12th November, Current Affairs:
• In the phase one of Chhattisgarh
elections, 70 per cent voter turnout for the 18 constituencies.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate two major national highways and an inland waterways project in Varanasi today.
• Union Minister and senior BJP leader Ananth Kumar died in Bengaluru at the age of was 59. Ananth Kumar was suffering from lung cancer.
11th November, Current Affairs:
• World leaders attend a ceremony at the Arc de Triomphe in Paris today as part of commemorations marking the 100th anniversary of the November 11, 1918 armistice, ending World War I.
10th November, Current Affairs:
• Harmanpreet Kaur smashed a 51-ball
103 in the opening match held in the West Indies to become the first Indian
woman to score a Twenty20 International (T20I) century.
• India's star Wrestler Bajrang Punia became the number one rank in the world in the 65kg category, with 96 points in the latest UWW list.
9th November, Current Affairs:
• China’s state news agency Xinhua
introduced World's first AI anchors who can report all day every day, from
anywhere in the country. Teh agency had created a digital version of a
regular Xinhua news anchor named Qiu Hao.
• The 2018 ICC Women's World Twenty20 tournament started from today in West Indies.
7th November, Current Affairs:
• The festival of lights, Diwali is celebrated today in India.
6th November, Current Affairs:
• The ruling Congress-Janata Dal
Secular (JDS) alliance in Karnataka has won two assembly seats and two Lok
Sabha seats in bypolls. The BJP has won only one parliamentary seat,
Shivamogga, vacated by former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa.
• Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced that Faizabad district will henceforth be known as Ayodhya.
• India opener Rohit Sharma has surpassed Virat Kohli to become the highest run-scorer in T20 international cricket for India.
5th November, Current Affairs:
• Third Ayurveda Day is celebrated
today in India.
• INS Arihant, India's first nuclear ballistic missile submarine, has completed its first "deterrence patrol". With Arihant successfully completing its patrol, India now has a dependable nuclear triad. A nuclear triad means that the country now has the capability of firing nuclear weapons from land, air and sea.
• Researchers at Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) have designed and booted up India's first microprocessor, Shakti, which could be used in mobile computing and other devices.
3rd November, Current Affairs:
• Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated Signature Bridge over the Yamuna River. It is the first asymmetrical cable stayed bridge in India.
2nd November, Current Affairs:
• Indian passport ranks 66th in the
Global Passport Power Rank 2018.
• The Ministry of Defence has decided to induct women as sailors in the Indian Navy.
1st November, Current Affairs:
• India defeated Windies by nine
wickets in the fifth and final match of the One-day international (ODI)
series in Thiruvananthapuram to clinch the five-match ODI series 3-1. By
virtue of this win, Kohli became the first Indian captain to win six
consecutive ODI series at home.
• Former India captain Rahul Dravid becomes the fifth Indian to be inducted into ICC Hall Of Fame.