Current Affairs, November 2019
30th November, Current Affairs:
• The Uddhav Thackeray-led government
of the Shiv Sena-NCP-Congress alliance won the floor test in the Maharashtra
• An estimated 62.87% votes were cast when voting ended at 3 p.m. in the first of the five-phase Jharkhand assembly elections in 13 constituencies.
29th November, Current Affairs:
• India's gross domestic product (GDP)
growth slowed to 4.5 per cent in the second quarter (July-September) of the
• Eminent Malayalam poet Akkitham has been chosen for the 55th Jnanpith Award.
• Pacer Abhimanyu Mithun creates records after he takes five wickets including a hat-trick in one over for Karnataka in the semi-finals of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy against Haryana. Mithun became the first bowler to have a hat-trick in all three formats in Indian domestic cricket.
28th November, Current Affairs:
• Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray
took oath as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Governor Bhagat Singh
Koshyari administered the oath to Thackeray at Shivaji Park, Dadar in
• Lok Sabha today passed the National Capital Territory of Delhi (Recognition of Property Rights of Residents in Unauthorised Colonies) Bill, 2019.
• Indian archers Deepika Kumari and Ankita Bhakat won the gold and silver medals in the women's individual recurve event of the 21st Asian Championships in Bangkok today.
• 47th All India Police Science Congress, AIPSC started from today in Uttar Pradesh''s capital Lucknow.
• Former Maldives president Abdulla Yameen was convicted and sentenced to five years in prison for money laundering.
27th November, Current Affairs:
• ISRO(Indian Space Research
Organisation) has successfully launched India’s latest earth observation
satellite Cartosat-3 this morning. The workhorse rocket PSLV in its C-47
version carried it along with 13 other customer payloads into the intended
polar sun-synchronous orbit. The Cartosat-3 is a high resolution imaging
satellite that will be used for addressing uses for largescale urban
planning, infrastructure development, coastal land use, land cover among
• The Lok Sabha today passed the Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes Bill, 2019. The Bill seeks to prohibit the production, trade, transport, storage and advertisement of electronic cigarettes.
26th November, Current Affairs:
• Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra
Fadnavis has resigned from his post. He submitted his resignation letter to
Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
• The Nation is celebrating Constitution Day or Samvidhan divas, today to mark the adoption of the Indian Constitution by the Constituent Assembly on this day in 1949.
• India is remembering the martyrs of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks on its 11th anniversary today.
• National Milk Day is observed today in India to commemorate the birthday of Dr. Verghese Kurien, the father of India’s White Revolution.
25th November, Current Affairs:
• World number one Rafael Nadal has clinched sixth Davis Cup title for Spain after beating Denis Shapovalov of Canada 6-3, 7-6 (9-7) to clinch Spain’s 2-0 win against Canada.
24th November, Current Affairs:
• World's largest uniformed youth
organization, the National Cadet Corps (NCC) is celebrating its 71st Raising
• India beat Bangladesh by an innings and 46 runs in the Day and Night Pink ball Test to win the series 2-0 at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
23rd November, Current Affairs:
• BJP Leader Devendra Fadnavis sworn
in as Maharashtra Chief Minister with NCP leader Ajit Pawar taking oath as
the Deputy Chief Minister.
• India's Manu Bhaker, Elavenil Valarivan and Divyansh Panwar clinching gold medals in their events in the ISSF World Cup Finals in Putian, China.
22nd November, Current Affairs:
• Virat Kohli became the fastest to
reach 5000 runs in Test cricket as captain and only the sixth overall to
achieve the feat.
• India today made their debut in the pink-ball era at Kolkata's Eden Gardens to mark the country's first-ever day-night Test against Bangladesh.
• Lieutenant Shivangi become first woman pilot of Indian Navy will join Naval operations.
20th November, Current Affairs:
• The Golden Jubilee edition of the
International Film Festival of India (IFFI) began today in Panaji, Goa.
• Lok Sabha passes Chit Funds (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
• Colombo Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa named his elder brother and former strongman Mahinda Rajapaksa as the new prime minister after incumbent Ranil Wickremesinghe announced his resignation from the post.
• Microsoft's India-born Chief Executive Officer Satya Nadella has occupied the top spot in Fortune's Businessperson of the Year 2019 list.
19th November, Current Affairs:
• Parliament has passed the
Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2019, with Rajya Sabha
approving it today. The Lok Sabha had passed this Bill in the last session.
• The nation is remembering former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on her 102nd birth anniversary today.
18th November, Current Affairs:
• The Winter Session of Parliament
• Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde took oath as the 47th Chief Justice of India.
• Gotabaya Gotabaya sworn in as seventh President of Sri Lanka at a ceremony in Anuradhapura.
• Pakistan becomes the first country to introduce WHO approved typhoid vaccine. The Vaccine is to be used in southern Sindh province as more than 10,000 cases of Typhoid were documented since 2017.
17th November, Current Affairs:
• Gotabaya Rajapaksa wins Sri Lankan
presidential election. Rajapaksa defeated Sajith Premadasa by more than 13
lakh votes. He will be sworn in as new President of Sri Lanka tomorrow.
• The 63rd National Shotgun Shooting Championship Competitions 2019 began in New Delhi today.
• India has successfully conducted the first night trial of Agni-II, surface-to-surface medium-range nuclear-capable missile from Dr Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha coast.
16th November, Current Affairs:
• Today is National Press Day. The day,
observed on 16th November every year, is symbolic of a free and responsible
• Acclaimed Indian sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has been conferred the Italian Golden Sand Art Award, 2019 at a ceremony in Rome, becoming the first Indian to win the prestigious award for his contribution to sand art.
• Mumbai is the only city whose tap water meets the piped drinking water quality standards set by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), according to a study of 21 capital cities released today.
15th November, Current Affairs:
• Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro
will be the Chief Guest at the Republic Day 2020 celebrations in India.
• Indian ace sprinter Dutee Chand figures in the Time magazine's list of 'Time 100 Next' - first such list brought out by the magazine.
14th November, Current Affairs:
• 65th Children's Day is celebrated
today to mark Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's birth anniversary.
• World Diabetes Day is celebrated today.
• A three-judge Bench of the Supreme Court, led by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi, dismissed petitions seeking a review of the December 14, 2018 judgment upholding the purchase of 36 Rafale fighter aircraft.
• The Supreme Court has referred a bunch of review petitions against its 2018 verdict lifting the ban on women's entry in a Sabarimala Temple in Kerala to a larger bench.
13th November, Current Affairs:
• The Supreme Court today held that
office of Chief Justice of India is a public authority under Right to
Information (RTI) Act. A five-judge Constitution Bench headed by the Chief
Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi pronounced its verdict.
• Pravind Jugnauth sworn in as Prime Minister of Mauritius for five-year term.
12th November, Current Affairs:
• President's Rule has been imposed in
Maharashtra for six months as the political stalemate continued in the
• The 550th birth anniversary of the first Sikh guru and founder of Sikhism Guru Nanak Dev is being celebrated today as Prakash Parv.
• Public Service Broadcasting Day is celebrated today to commemorate the first and only visit of Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, to All India Radio.
11th November, Current Affairs:
• The Bolivian President Evo Morales
has resigned from his post after turmoil following his disputed re-election
• National Education Day is observed today in India to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first Education Minister of independent India.
• Gujarat government has given its approval to a Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) terminal facility at Bhavnagar port. This would be the world’s first CNG port terminal.
10th November, Current Affairs:
• Milad-un-Nabi, the birthday of
Prophet Muhammad is being celebrated with traditional fervour in various
parts of the country today.
• Indian bowler Deepak Chahar recorded the best-ever bowling figures in a Twenty20 international with 6 wickets for 7 runs as India beat Bangladesh by 30 runs in Nagpur to win the series by 2-1.
9th November, Current Affairs:
• Supreme Court today settled the long
pending Ayodhya land dispute case. In a unanimous decision, a five-judge
Constitution bench headed by Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi ruled that
the 2.77 acres of the disputed land will remain with the Central government
and be handed over to a Trust for the construction of a temple. The bench
also ruled that a suitable five-acre plot must be found for a mosque at a
prominent place in the town.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated integrated check post of Kartarpur Corridor at Dera Baba Nanak in Punjab.
8th November, Current Affairs:
• In Maharashtra, Chief Minister
Devendra Fadnavis submitted his resignation letter to the Governor at Raj
• The Executive Board of the International Hockey Federation today announced that India would be hosting the Men's Hockey World Cup in 2023.
7th November, Current Affairs:
• National Cancer Awareness Day is
observed in India to raise awareness about cancer, its treatment, and its
• Vice President Venkaiah Naidu inaugurates 10th Asian Conference of Emergency Medicine in New Delhi.
4th November, Current Affairs:
• India B beat India C by 51 runs to
clinch Deodhar Trophy at the JSCA International Stadium Complex in Ranchi.
• Shubman Gill became the youngest-known captain to lead a side in the finals of Deodhar Trophy. Shubman Gill, who is captaining India C in the Deodhar Trophy, broke Virat Kohli's 10-year old record as he led his side in the final of the domestic tournament.
2nd November, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached
Bangkok for a three-day visit to Thailand.
• Pooja Gehlot (53kg) in wrestling claimed India's second silver medal after going down to Japan's Haruna Okuno in the finals of the UWW Under-23 World Championships in Budapest.
• Chhath festival is being celebrated in several parts of the country with religious fervour and gaiety.