Current Affairs, November 2019
11thNovember, Current Affairs:
• The Bolivian President Evo Morales
has resigned from his post after turmoil following his disputed re-election
• National Education Day is observed today in India to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first Education Minister of independent India.
• Gujarat government has given its approval to a Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) terminal facility at Bhavnagar port. This would be the world’s first CNG port terminal.
10thNovember, Current Affairs:
• Milad-un-Nabi, the birthday of
Prophet Muhammad is being celebrated with traditional fervour in various
parts of the country today.
• Indian bowler Deepak Chahar recorded the best-ever bowling figures in a Twenty20 international with 6 wickets for 7 runs as India beat Bangladesh by 30 runs in Nagpur to win the series by 2-1.
9thNovember, Current Affairs:
• Supreme Court today settled the long
pending Ayodhya land dispute case. In a unanimous decision, a five-judge
Constitution bench headed by Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi ruled that
the 2.77 acres of the disputed land will remain with the Central government
and be handed over to a Trust for the construction of a temple. The bench
also ruled that a suitable five-acre plot must be found for a mosque at a
prominent place in the town.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated integrated check post of Kartarpur Corridor at Dera Baba Nanak in Punjab.
8thNovember, Current Affairs:
• In Maharashtra, Chief Minister
Devendra Fadnavis submitted his resignation letter to the Governor at Raj
• The Executive Board of the International Hockey Federation today announced that India would be hosting the Men's Hockey World Cup in 2023.
7thNovember, Current Affairs:
• National Cancer Awareness Day is
observed in India to raise awareness about cancer, its treatment, and its
• Vice President Venkaiah Naidu inaugurates 10th Asian Conference of Emergency Medicine in New Delhi.
4thNovember, Current Affairs:
• India B beat India C by 51 runs to
clinch Deodhar Trophy at the JSCA International Stadium Complex in Ranchi.
• Shubman Gill became the youngest-known captain to lead a side in the finals of Deodhar Trophy. Shubman Gill, who is captaining India C in the Deodhar Trophy, broke Virat Kohli's 10-year old record as he led his side in the final of the domestic tournament.
2nd November, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached
Bangkok for a three-day visit to Thailand.
• Pooja Gehlot (53kg) in wrestling claimed India's second silver medal after going down to Japan's Haruna Okuno in the finals of the UWW Under-23 World Championships in Budapest.
• Chhath festival is being celebrated in several parts of the country with religious fervour and gaiety.