Current Affairs, November 2022
30th November, Current Affairs:
• President Droupadi Murmu gave away
the National Sports and Adventure Awards 2022 at Rashtrapati Bhawan. She
presented the Dronacharya award to wrestling coach Raj Singh, boxing coach
Mohammad Ali Qamar, Para shooting coach Suma Siddharth Shirur and wrestling
coach Sujeet Maan.
• India's economy grew by 6.3 per cent in the second quarter of the current fiscal, official data released showed today.
29th November, Current Affairs:
• The legendary P.T. Usha is set to
become the first woman president of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) as she
emerged as the lone candidate for the top post for the December 10
• Vistara airlines will be merged with Tata-owned Air India by March 2024, the company announced today.
• The Reserve Bank of India announced the launch of the first pilot for the retail digital Rupee on Ist December 2022. The first phase will begin with four banks including State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Yes Bank and IDFC First Bank in four cities across the country.
27th November, Current Affairs:
• President of Egypt, Abdel Fattah Al
Sisi will be the Chief Guest at Republic Day celebrations on 26th January
• The National Cadet Corps (NCC) is celebrating 74th anniversary of its Raising Day today.
26th November, Current Affairs:
• Constitution Day also known as
'Samvidhan Divas' is observed today.
• The Indian Space Research Organisation's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) today successfully launched nine satellites, including eight nanosatellites, into space from the first launch pad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Andhra Pradesh's Sriharikota.
• Telangana will have the first Integrated Rocket Design, Manufacturing, and Testing Facility of the country in Hyderabad by Skyroot Aerospace.
25th November, Current Affairs:
• Cristiano Ronaldo became the first
man to score at five World Cups after opening the scoring in Portugal's
World Cup clash with Ghana.
• Malaysia's opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim was sworn in as the country's new Prime Minister.
• The Sangeet Natak Akademi has announced a one-time Sangeet Natak Akademi Amrit Award under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. A total of 86 artists from the field of the Performing Arts in India were selected for this award.
21st November, Current Affairs:
• The Indian Panorama at the
International Film Festival of India in Goa opened today.
• Indian table tennis player Manika Batra clinched the bronze medal at the ongoing ITTF-ATTU Asian Cup tournament in Bangkok, Thailand to becoming the first Indian female paddler to win a medal at the event.
• Tamil Nadu scripted List A world record as they score of 506 for the loss of two wickets in their Vijay Hazare 2022 match against Arunachal Pradesh at the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore. Narayan Jagadeesan scores 277 off only 141 balls in the match to registered highest-ever List A score by a batsman. Tamil Nadu batter broke the previous record held by Alistair Brown, who smashed 268 for Surrey against Glamorgan back in 2002.
• At least 56 people were killed and 700 injured as an earthquake of 5.6 magnitude struck Indonesia's Cianjur town in West Java.
• Kazakhstan President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev secured a second term after winning 81.31% of the vote in the Presidential election.
20th November, Current Affairs:
• Arun Goel has been appointed as an
Election Commissioner. Arun Goel is a retired IAS officer of the 1985 batch.
He will join Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar and Election
Commissioner Anup Chandra Pandey in the poll panel.
• The Winter Session of Parliament will commence on the 7th of next month and continue till the 29th of December.
• The 2022 FIFA World Cup starts from today in Qatar. The tournament features 32 teams across eight groups with the top two in each progressing to the knockout stage.
19th November, Current Affairs:
• Skyroot Aerospace has successfully
launched India's first privately made rocket Vikram-S to space. The launch
vehicle lifted-off with three payloads from the sounding rocket complex at
the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates Donyi Polo Airport at Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh.
16th November, Current Affairs:
• India was handed over the Presidency
of the G20 at the closing session of the G20 Summit in Bali today. India
will officially assume the G20 presidency from 1st of next month.
• The US space agency NASA launched its Artemis 1 mission from Kennedy Space Centre, Florida. Artemis is the most powerful rocket ever designed by NASA.
• National Press Day being observed today.
15th November, Current Affairs:
• The global population is projected
to reach eight billion today, according to the ‘World Population Prospects
2022’ report that was released on account of World Population Day. As per
the report, India is projected to surpass China as the world’s most populous
country in 2023.
• Table Tennis player Sharath Kamal Achanta has been chosen for Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award. Arjuna Awards will be given to 25 sportspersons.
14th November, Current Affairs:
• Children's Day celebration takes
place across country today.
• World Diabetes Day is celebrated today.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarked on a three-day visit to Indonesia to attend the 17th G20 Summit in Bali.
• In Slovenia, Natasa Pirc Musar has been elected the country’s first female President after beating her conservative rival in the second round of elections.
13th November, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi
dedicates Ramagundam Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited to nation.
• In T20 world cup cricket, England created history by winning their second T-20 world cup title defeating Pakistan by five wickets at the Melbourne Cricket ground today. England are now the first team ever to hold the 50-over World Cup and the T20 World Cup titles together. England left-arm pacer Sam Curran was named the player of the tournament.
12th November, Current Affairs:
• The single phase polling concluded
today for the 68-member Himachal Pradesh Assembly with a voter turnout 65.75
recorded till 5:00 pm.
• The International Cricket Council (ICC) board unanimously re-elected Greg Barclay as the Independent Chair of the apex cricket body for a second two-year term.
9th November, Current Affairs:
• Justice DY Chandrachud took oath as
the 50th Chief Justice of India (CJI). He will have a tenure of two years at
the Supreme Court. He was administered the oath of office by President
Droupadi Murmu at a ceremony in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
• Aruna Miller scripted history by becoming the first Indian-American politician to win the race of Lieutenant Governor in the state of Maryland.
8th November, Current Affairs:
• Guru Nanak Jayanti or Gurpurab is
being celebrated with religious fervour across India and the world today.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday unveiled the logo, theme and website of India’s G20 Presidency through video conferencing. India will assume G20 Presidency from the 1st of December.
7th November, Current Affairs:
• A majority of a five-judge bench of
the Supreme Court today upheld the validity of the 103rd Amendment of the
Constitution which provides 10% reservation for Economically Weaker Sections
(EWS) in admissions and government jobs.
• Indian batter Suryakumar Yadav on Sunday became the first Indian player to score 1,000 T20 International runs in a calendar year.
• National Cancer Awareness Day is being observed today.
4th November, Current Affairs:
• The Election Commission of India has
announced two-phase Assembly Elections in Gujarat. The first phase of
elections for 89 Assembly seats will be held on 1st of December while the
second phase for 93 seats will take place on 5th of December.
• Former Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud party and its allies have secured an emphatic victory in Israel's general elections.
2nd November, Current Affairs:
• Defence Research & Development
Organisation (DRDO) conducted a successful maiden flight-test of Phase-II
Ballistic Missile Defence, BMD interceptor AD-1 missile from APJ Abdul Kalam
Island off the coast of Odisha.
• Virat Kohli became the leading run-getter in the history of ICC T20 World Cup, when he reached a personal score of 16 against Bangladesh in India's Group 2 encounter in Adelaide. He went past the record of former Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene, who had scored 1016 runs in 31 innings. Kohli was playing his 25th innings in the history of the tournament.