Current Affairs, October 2015
Home⇒Current Affairs⇒Current Affairs, October-2015
30th October, Current Affairs:
• National Unity Day observed across India to commemorate the birthday of
Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
• A Russian plane carrying 217 passengers crashes in Egypt in which most passengers feared dead.
29th October, Current Affairs:
• India Africa Forum summit starts in Delhi.
• China announced to ends its "one-child policy" to counter the ageing workforce issues allowing all couples to have two children.
28th October, Current Affairs:
• 53.32 per cent voter turnout for the third phase of the Bihar Assembly
• The 140 day old strike of the students ended in the Film and Television Institute of India which was started against the appointment of Gajendra Chauhan as its chairman.
• Bidya Devi Bhandari elected as the first woman President of Nepal.
27th October, Current Affairs:
• Oscar-winning Music composer AR Rahman was honoured with the fifth Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award.
26th October, Current Affairs:
• More than 100 people died when 7.7 magnitude earth quake hits
Afghanistan, Pakistan and parts of Northern India.
• Indian gangster Rajendra Sadashiv Nikalje aka Chhota Rajan arrested in Indonesia.
25th October, Current Affairs:
• South Africa wins the five match ODI Series against India by 3-2.
• Lewis Hamilton wins the 2015 Formula One United States Grand Prix title.
• Indian archer Abhishek Verma becomes the first Indian to wins silver medal in the Archery World Cup Final.
24th October, Current Affairs:
• Muharram is observed across the world.
• The Union Government approved the induction of women fighter pilots in Indian Air Force (IAF).
• President Pranab Mukherjee Presents Academy's 2014 Awards and Fellowships.
22nd October, Current Affairs:
• Dussehra is observed across India.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of Amaravati, the new capital city of Andhra Pradesh.
• Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe awarded with the 2015 Confucius Peace Prize in China.
20th October, Current Affairs:
• The World Statistics Day observed across the world.
• Indian batsman Virender Shewag retired from all forms of international Cricket and IPL. He had palyed 104 test matches and 251 ODI for India.
18th October, Current Affairs:
• England defeated Indian Junior men's hockey team by 4-3 to win 2015
Sultan of Johor Cup.
• Indian shuttler PV Sindhu was defeated by Li Xuerui in the 2015 Denmark badminton open women’s singles final.
17th October, Current Affairs:
• Nobel Peace Prize winner Kailash Satyarthi has been conferred with Harvard University's prestigious humanitarian award for this year.
16th October, Current Affairs:
• 55 per cent voted in the second phase of the Bihar Assembly elections.
• President Pranab Mukherjee concluded three nation visit to Jordan, Palestine and Israel.
• Supreme Court five-judge constitution bench headed by Justice JS Khehar declared National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC) unconstitutional.
• As per new norms, announced by the telecom regulator TRAI, Mobile users will get a compensation of Re 1 for every dropped call from January 1. It would be provided to a subscriber for a maximum three dropped calls in a day.
• Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan has been awarded with an honorary doctorate from the University of Edinburgh.
15th October, Current Affairs:
• Jamaican novelist Marlon James has won the prestigious Man Booker Prize
for Fiction for "A Brief History of Seven Killings".
• Indian Pace bowler Zaheer Khan announced his retirement from international cricket. Zaheer Khan has picked up 311 wickets in 92 Tests and 282 wickets in 200 ODIs.
13th October, Current Affairs:
• Mysore's famous Dasara festival launched today.
• Younis Khan becomes the highest Test run scoring batsman for Pakistan during the first match against England in Abu Dhabi overtaking Javed Miandad's previous mark of 8,832 runs.
12th October, Current Affairs:
• The first phase of the Bihar assembly elections 57 per cent voter
turnout for 49 seats.
• British economist Angus Deaton wins the 2015 economics Nobel Prize for "his analysis of consumption, poverty and welfare".
• Ajay Jayaram wins the 2015 Dutch Open Men’s Singles badminton title after defeating Estonia’s Raul Must by 21-12 21-18.
11th October, Current Affairs:
• Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli of Communist Party of Nepal was elected as the
new Prime Minister of Nepal.
• Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis wins the China Open title by 6-7 (9), 6-1, 10-8 victory over Chinese Taipean pair of Hao-Ching Chan and Yung-Jan Chan.
• Brazilian football legend Pele arrives in Kolkata.
9th October, Current Affairs:
• Veteran music director Ravindra Jain passed away at the age of 71 in
• Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet has won the Nobel Peace Prize 2015 for its contribution to the building of democracy in Tunisia.
• Music Director A R Rehman chosen for the 2015 Hridaynath Mangeskar Award.
• South Africa wins the three-match T-20 International series against India by 2-0.
8th October, Current Affairs:
• Svetlana Alexievich of Belarus has won the Nobel Prize for Literature
for her polyphonic writings.
• Indian Air Force has celebrated 83rd anniversary.
• FIFA has suspends its President Sepp Blatter and UEFA President Michel Platini for 90 days.
7th October, Current Affairs:
• The union cabinet approved the setting up of three new All India
Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Maharashtra, West Bengal and
Andhra Pradesh each.
• Sweden's Tomas Lindahl, American Paul Modrich and Turkish-born Aziz Sancar won the 2015 Nobel Prize for Chemistry for work on mapping how cells repair damaged DNA.
• The Union Cabinet approved the establishment of a National War Memorial near India Gate.
6th October, Current Affairs:
• The 2015 Nobel Prize in physics awarded to Takaaki Kajita of Japan and
Arthur B. McDonald (Canada) for their work on neutrino oscillations.
• Jack Dorsey appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Twitter.
5th October, Current Affairs:
• India and Germany signed 18 MoUs in key areas of defence manufacturing,
trade, intelligence and clean energy during the first day visit of German
Chancellor Angela Merkel.
• William Campbell (Ireland), Satoshi Omura (Japan) and Youyou Tu (China) have jointly wins the 2015 Nobel medicine prize for their work against parasitic diseases.
4th October, Current Affairs:
• German Chancellor Angela Merkel arrives in Delhi on a two day visit.
• Shashank Manohar has been elected as BCCI president for a second term in Mumbai.
3rd October, Current Affairs:
• The second season of Indian Super Leauge starts from today.
2nd October, Current Affairs:
• India celebrated Gandhi Jayanti on Mahatma Gandhi's 146th birth
• External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly in New York.
1st October, Current Affairs:
• The government extended the deadline for e-filing of all
Income Tax returns and audit reports till October 31, 2015.
• Heena Sindhu wins gold medal in women's 10 metre air pistol event in Asian Air Gun Championships.