Current Affairs, October 2022
31st October, Current Affairs:
• Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or National Unit
Day is being observed today.
• The death toll in Morbi suspension bridge collapse in Gujarat rose to 130 today with rescue personnel recovering more bodies from the Machchhu river
• Lula da Silva has been elected as the new president of Brazil. He defeated incumbent president Jair Bolsonaro.
• Indian pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty wins the French Open Super 750 crown after defeating Chinese Taipei's Lu Ching Yao and Yang Po Han in the men's doubles final in Paris.
30th October, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the
foundation stone for the C-295 transport aircraft manufacturing facility at
Vadodara to be set up by Tata Advanced Systems Ltd (TASL) and Airbus Defence
and Space. The C-295 will replace the Avro aircraft in service with IAF.
• Chhath Puja is being celebrated today in different parts of the country.
27th October, Current Affairs:
• In a historic move, The Board of
Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), has announced equal match fees for both
men and women cricket players in India.
• World Day for Audiovisual Heritage (WDAH) is celebrated today.
24th October, Current Affairs:
• Festival of lights Diwali is being
celebrated across the country with traditional fervour and gaiety today.
• Rishi Sunak is all set to be the next prime minister of the UK as his opponent, Penny Mordaunt, dropped out of the race. Rishi Sunak is the first Indian-origin leader to take the top post in Britain. At 42, he'll also be the youngest prime minister in more than 200 years.
• In wrestling, teenager Aman Sehrawat made history as he became the first Indian wrestler to win a gold medal at the U-23 World Wrestling Championships in Pontevedra, Spain.
23rd October, Current Affairs:
• Indian Space Research Organisation
(ISRO) launched its first dedicated commercial mission of Launch Vehicle
Mark 3 (LVM3) M2 satellite successfully from the Sathish Dhawan Space Centre
Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. It launched a constellation of 36 broadband
satellites developed by OneWeb to Low Earth Orbit.
• 7th Ayurveda Day is observed today.
• Xi Jinping elected general secretary of 20th Central Committee of Communist Party of China.
• The Fifth Khelo India Youth Games -2022 will be held in Madhya Pradesh.
21st October, Current Affairs:
• UK Prime Minister Liz Truss resigned
from the post just six weeks after her appointment.
• India today successfully test-fired made-in-India new-generation medium-range ballistic missile 'Agni Prime' from the Odisha coast.
• Diwali will be a holiday for the New York City public school starting next year.
19th October, Current Affairs:
• Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge is
set to become the new party chief after his opponent Shashi Tharoor conceded
• Real Madrid's France forward Karim Benzema won the 2022 Ballon d'Or award for the best men's player in the world on Monday, while Barcelona's Spain midfielder Alexia Putellas won the women's award for a second time.
18th October, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi has
inaugurated the 90th Interpol General Assembly meeting in New Delhi. The
Meeting is being held in India after 25 years.
• Jyothi Yarraji has created history by becoming the first Indian woman to clock a legal sub-13 second time in 100-meter hurdles at the National Open Athletics Championships in Bengaluru.
• Sri Lankan author Shehan Karunatilaka won the 2022 Booker Prize for his second novel ‘The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida’.
• Former cricketer Roger Binny has been elected as the 36th President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India at the Annual General Meeting of India’s top cricket body. He replaces Sourav Ganguly, who held the post since 2019.
17th October, Current Affairs:
• Dr. Justice D.Y. Chandrachud
appointed as the 50th Chief Justice of India (CJI) after President Droupadi
Murmu signed his warrant of appointment today.
• Madhya Pradesh has become the first state in the country to start the MBBS course in Hindi language.
15th October, Current Affairs:
• India have won the Women’s Asia Cup
2022 after defeating Sri Lanka in the final by 8 wickets in the Final at
Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Bangladesh.
• India has slipped to the 107th position in the Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2022 of 121 countries, from its 2021 position of 101st.
• Hyderabad has won the overall 'World Green City Award 2022' and another in the category 'Living Green for Economic Recovery and Inclusive Growth' at the International Association of Horticulture Producers (AIPH) 2022 World Green City Awards 2022 held in Jeju, South Korea.
• Indian captain Harmanpreet Kaur surpassed New Zealand all-rounder Suzie Bates to become the most capped Women's T20I player in the history of the game.
14th October, Current Affairs:
• India's nuclear ballistic missile
submarine INS Arihant successfully test-fired a ballistic missile today, a
major milestone as earlier test-firings were done from fixed underwater
pontoons; this time the submarine itself launched the missile.
• Goa will host the 37th National Games in October next year. The Goa delegation received the IOA flag at the Closing Ceremony of the 36th National Games in Surat.
• The Assembly elections in Himachal Pradesh will take place on November 12 in a single phase for all the 68 constituencies, followed by the counting of votes on December 8, the Election Commission announced in New Delhi today.
11th October, Current Affairs:
• The Prime Minister Narendra Modi
inaugurated the Mahakal Lok in Ujjain's Mahakaleshwar temple.
• The FIFA U-17 Women World Cup India 2022 kick starts from Odisha capital Bhubaneswar today. India is hosting this tournament for the first time. A total of 16 teams are taking part in this tournament that will draw to a close by the end of this month.
• Today is International Day of the Girl Child. This year’s theme for the International Day of the Girl Child is - 'Our time is now - our rights, our future.'
10th October, Current Affairs:
• This year’s Nobel Prize in Economic
Sciences has been awarded to the former chair of the U.S. Federal Reserve,
Ben S. Bernanke and two US-based economists, Douglas W Diamond and Philip H
Dybvig, for research on banks and financial crises.
• Samajwadi Party founder and three-time Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mulayam Singh Yadav died in hospital. He was 82.
• World Mental Health Day is celebrated today. The theme for this year's World Mental Health Day is ‘Making Mental Health and Well-being for All a Global Priority”.
9th October, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi has
declared Modhera in Gujarat’s Mehsana district as India’s first 24×7
• The 73rd Raising Day of Territorial Army was celebrated across the country today.
• In billiards, India's Pankaj Advani has claimed his 25th gold medal on the world stage, winning the 2022 IBSF World Billiards Championship in Kuala Lumpur.
7th October, Current Affairs:
• French author Annie Ernaux has won the
2022 Nobel Prize in literature “for the courage and clinical acuity with
which she uncovers the roots, estrangements and collective restraints of
• Human rights advocate Ales Bialiatski from Belarus, the Russian human rights organisation Memorial, and the Ukrainian human rights organisation Center for Civil Liberties won the 2022 Nobel Peace Prize.
5th October, Current Affairs:
• The festival of Vijayadashmi or
Dussehra is being celebrated across the country today.
• The Nobel Chemistry Prize awarded to Americans Carolyn Bertozzi and Barry Sharpless, together with Denmark's Morten Meldal, were honoured "for the development of click chemistry and bioorthogonal chemistry". Karl Barry Sharpless is only the second person in history to win the Nobel Prize in Chemistry twice. He is also only the fifth person in history to win two Nobel in a lifetime.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi today inaugurated the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Himachal Pradesh's Bilaspur in the presence of State Chief Minister Jairam Thakur.
• India has emerged as the world’s largest producer and second-largest exporter of sugar. In Sugar Season 2021-22, a record of more than five thousand Lakh metric tons of sugarcane was produced in the country.
• Telangana's ruling Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) changed its name to 'Bharat Rashtra Samiti' (BRS).
4th October, Current Affairs:
• Maha Navami is being celebrated across
the country today with religious fervour.
• The Nobel Prize in Physics 2022 will be awarded to scientists Alain Aspect, John F Clauser and Anton Zeilinger "for experiments with entangled photons, establishing the violation of Bell inequalities and pioneering quantum information science".
• Over 20 mountaineers were trapped after an avalanche hit Draupadi's Danda-2 mountain peak in Uttarakhand. 10 bodies have been recovered and 18 persons are still missing.
• The Rest of India side won the Irani Cup title after beating 2019-20 Ranji Trophy champion Saurashtra by eight wickets in Rajkot.
3rd October, Current Affairs:
• Defence Minister Rajnath Singh induct
the first indigenously developed light combat helicopters (LCH) named
Prachand into Indian Air Force at Jodhpur in Rajasthan. The light combat
helicopter is a dedicated combat helicopter designed and developed
indigenously in India.
• Nobel Prize in Medicine awarded to Swedish geneticist Svante Paabo "for his discoveries concerning the genomes of extinct hominins and human evolution.". Svante Pääbo is Director, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology.
• In Indonesia, the death toll from a stampede at a soccer stadium in East Java province has been revised down to 125.
1st October, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched
5G services in India today at a telecom event in Delhi.
• Indore was adjudged India's cleanest city for the sixth time in a row, while Surat and Navi Mumbai followed it on the next two spots in the Central government's annual cleanliness survey. In the category of best performing states in 'Swachh Survekshan Awards 2022', Madhya Pradesh has secured the first position, followed by Chhattisgarh and Maharashtra.
• The monetary Policy Committee of Reserve Bank of India decided to increase Repo Rate by a half percent to 5.9 percent, with immediate effect.