Current Affairs, September 2015
Home⇒Current Affairs⇒Current Affairs, September-2015
30th September, Current Affairs:
• 5 of the 12 convicts have been sentenced to death while the other seven
were given life imprisonment for the 2006 serial train blasts case by a
special MCOCA court in Mumbai.
• Naval warship INS Kochi, indigenously built largest warship has been commissioned by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai.
• Bangladesh has been selected for a berth in ICC Champions Trophy for the first time since 2006. Bangladesh has replaced the West Indies who failed to secure position in top eight in ICC ranking.
• Russia launches airstrikes against Islamic State in Syria.
29th September, Current Affairs:
• NASA scientists have found the first evidence that briny water may flow
on the surface of Mars.
• Reserve Bank cut the benchmark repo rate by 50 basis points to a 4year low of 6.75 per cent.
• Former Delhi Law Minister and AAP MLA Somnath Bharti sent to two day police cutody by a court for domestic violence against his wife.
28th September, Current Affairs:
• India's first space research observatory ASTROSAT successfully launched
into orbit by the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle from Sriharikota.
• Internet giant Google will provide free Wi-Fi facilities to 400 railway stations as announced during Prime Minister Narendra Modi visit.
• Swollen "supermoon" and lunar eclipse combined for the first time in decades showing Moon in blood-red light.
27th September, Current Affairs:
• World Tourism Day is celebrated today.
• PM Narendra Modi met the top IT leadership of the world's biggest technology companies in Silicon Valley.
• Manipur Governor Syed Ahmed passed away in Mumbai at the age of 73.
• Abhinav Bindra wins gold medal in 10m metre air rifle at Asian Air Gun Championship.
• Pankaj Advani wins the IBSF World Billiards Championship.
• Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis wins the Guangzhou Open title after defeating Chinese pair of Shilin Xu-Xiaodi 6-3, 6-1.
26th September, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi hosted the G4 Summit with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Japanese PM Shinzo Abe and Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff.
25th September, Current Affairs:
• Muslims all over the World observe Eid-al-Adha.
• The General Assembly of the United Nations starts from today.
24th September, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in New York on his second visit to
the US to attend a high-level peacekeeping summit at the United Nations.
• At least 717 pilgrims were killed and more than 800 injured in a stampede at Mina, outside of Mecca, where some two million people are performing the annual Haj.
• Former India captain Sourav Ganguly unanimously chosen as the president of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB).
• Los Angeles becomes the first city to declare homelessness as a 'state of emergency'.
• India's maiden mission to Mars Mangalyaan completed a year in space.
23rd September, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi reaches Ireland on a day-long trip before
leaving for US.
• The Film Federation of India jury has picked the Marathi language Film Court as India's entry for Best Foreign Language Film at the Oscars next year.
• Volkswagen admitted that 11 million diesel cars worldwide were equipped with the same software that was used to cheat on emissions tests in the United States.
21st September, Current Affairs:
• President of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Jagmohan
Dalmiya passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal at the age of 75.
• The 2015 Emmy Awards announced today in Los Angeles. Game of Thrones wins the Outstanding drama series.
20th September, Current Affairs:
• Nine Kabbadi players were killed and five others injured in a road
accident in Sundergarh district of Odisha.
• Nepal formally adopted the constitution after President Ram Baran Yadav formally promulgates the new constitution in Kathmandu.
• Ajay Jayaram defeated by current world champion Chen Long 14-21, 13-21 in the final of Korea Open.
• India lose Davis Cup tie 1-3 to Czech Republic.
18th September, Current Affairs:
• The West Bengal government has declassified 64 confidential files on
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
• 33 people including 13 militants were killed Taliban terrorists attacks on a Pakistan Air Force base.
17th September, Current Affairs:
• Ganesh Chaturthi festival observed in India.
• A 8.3 magnitude earthquake hit the South American country Chile on its northern coast killing 5 peoples.
15th September, Current Affairs:
• Malcolm Turnbull has been officially sworn in as Australia's 29th Prime Minister after Tony Abbott resign from the post.
14th September, Current Affairs:
• Today is celebrated as Hindi Divas.
• Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer to win Second US Open title by 6-4 5-7 6-4 6-4.
• Flavia Pennetta from Italy wins the US Open women's final after defeating Roberta Vinci by 7-6 (7/4), 6-2.
• Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza wins the US Open women's doubles crown, defeating Casey Dellacqua and Yaroslava Shvedova by 6-3, 6-3.
12th September, Current Affairs:
• At least 82 people were killed and over 50 injured by a massive blast
of the explosives kept inside a building in Petlwad town in Jhabua district
in Madhya Pradesh.
• Indian tennis player Leander Paes and Swiss player Martina Hingis wins the US Open mixed doubles title after defeating Americans Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Sam Querrey 6-4 3-6 10-7.
• Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) wins all the four seats in Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) elections.
11th September, Current Affairs:
• A Special MCOCA Court in Mumbai convicted 12 persons for criminal
conspiracy and subsequently executing a series of bombings on Mumbai’s local
trains on July 11 2006 in which 189 lives people died.
• 87 people died when a crane collapse at Grand Mosque in Mecca.
• President Barack Obama presented the 2014 National Medals of Arts and Humanities to Indian-American author Jhumpa Lahiri and 20 other persons in White House.
9th September, Current Affairs:
• The Election Commission announced five-phase Bihar election which will
begin in October 12.
• The Central Govt hikes Dearness Allowance by 6 per cent for Govt employees.
• Indian-origin boy Anirudh Kathirvel crowned as the Australian spelling bee champion.
• Queen Elizabeth II became longest-reigning monarch of the United Kingdom after suppressing the record of Queen Victoria who ruled for 63 years between 1837 and 1901.
8th September, Current Affairs:
• Ahmad Javed appointed as the new Commissioner of Mumbai Police who will
replaced Rakesh Maria.
• International Literacy Day observed today across the World.
• The result of first ever census of India's leopards published, which shows its count of 7,910 in and around tiger habitats across the country, except the northeast.
6th September, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Delhi-Faridabad Metro Line
• Australian allrounder Shane Watson announced his retirement from Test cricket.
5th September, Current Affairs:
• Teacher's Day is celebrated across India in the memory of Dr.
• The Union Government announced to implement the One Pension (OROP) scheme for ex-servicemen which will be implemented from July 1, 2014 and the base year would be 2013.
• Music composer Aadesh Shrivastava died in Mumbai after battling cancer at the age of 51.
• Indian boxer Vikas Krishan wins silver at the Asian Boxing Championships after defeating Uzbekistan's Bektemir Melikuziev.
3rd September, Current Affairs:
• Samajwadi Party decided to quit the Grand Alliance
in poll-bound Bihar and to fight the Bihar election alone.
• Finance Minister Arun Jaitley left for Turkey to participate G-20 finance ministers and central bank Governors conference.
2nd September, Current Affairs:
• Union Government decided to auction 69 small and marginal oil and gas
fields which are taken away from ONGC and Oil India to private firms.
• 10 central trade unions went on a day-long nationwide strike to protest against changes in labour laws and privatisation of PSUs.
• The last date for filing income tax returns has been extended from the earlier deadline of 31st August to 7th September.
1st September, Current Affairs:
• India wins a Test Series in Sri Lanka after 22 years as
they beat Sri Lanka by 117 runs in the final Test to win the
three-match series 2-1.
• At the age of 26, Virat Kohli becomes the youngest Indian captain to win an away series.