Current Affairs, September 2021
15th September, Current Affairs:
• International Day of Democracy is
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Rajya Sabha chairperson M Venkaiah Naidu and Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla jointly launched Sansad TV.
• The government today cleared ₹ 26,000 crore worth new production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme for the auto sector, to boost the production of electric vehicles and hydrogen fuel vehicles.
• The government has announced 100 per cent foreign direct investment (FDI) in the telecom sector through the automatic route as part of its comprehensive package for the telecom sector.
14th September, Current Affairs:
• Hindi Diwas is celebrated today.
• Sri Lanka pace veteran Lasith Malinga today announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
13th September, Current Affairs:
• Gujarat BJP MLA Bhupendra Patel has
been sworn-in as the chief minister of Gujarat.
• Veteran Congress leader and former Union Minister Oscar Fernandes died at a private hospital in Mangaluru.
• In the US Open final, Russia's second-ranked Daniil Medvedev defeated Novak Djokovic 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 to win his first Grand Slam title and to prevent Djokovic the first calendar-year Grand Slam since 1969.
12th September, Current Affairs:
• Vijay Rupani resigned as Chief
Minister of Gujarat. Senior BJP leader Bhupendra Patel will succeed Vijay
Rupani as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
• British teenager Emma Raducanu becomes the first qualifier to capture a Grand Slam title with a straight-sets defeat of Canada's Leylah Fernandez in the US Open women's singles final. She defeated Leylah Fernandez 6-4, 6-3 in the final.
10th September, Current Affairs:
• Ganesh Chaturthi is being
celebrated today across the country with enthusiasm and fervour.
• Lionel Messi scored a hat-trick to overtake Pele as the top international goal scorer in South American football history. Lionel Messi scored his 79th international goal to break the South American men's record held by Pele.
• Nagaland Governor RN Ravi, who was the Centre’s interlocutor, has been moved to Tamil Nadu and Assam Governor Prof. Jagdish Mukhi has been appointed in his place. Lt. Gen. Gurmit Singh (retd) has been appointed as Governor of Uttarakhand. Banwarilal Purohit, Governor of Tamil Nadu holding additional charge of the Governor of Punjab, has been appointed as a regular Governor of Punjab.
9th September, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi chair
the 13th BRICS Summit today in a virtual format.
• Citing data between April and August, ICMR DG Dr Balram Bhargava said that one dose of Covid-19 vaccine is 96.6 per cent effective in preventing death, while two doses prevent death by 97.5 per cent.
• The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), announced Team India’s 15-member squad for the T20 World Cup 2021. MS Dhoni named as Team India's mentor for the T20 World Cup.
• The deadline for filing Income Tax returns has been extended till December 31.
8th September, Current Affairs:
• The Union Government today approved
a deal with Airbus Defence and Space of Spain to buy 56 C-295MW transport
aircraft. A total of 40 aircraft will be manufactured in India. It will
replace Indian Air Force planes inducted 60 years ago.
• The Central government had approved production-linked incentive (PLI) for the textile sector with a budgetary outlay of ₹10,683 crore.
7th September, Current Affairs:
• Cuba became the first country in the
world to vaccinate children from the age of two against Covid-19, using
• Ladakh adopted two endangered species, snow leopard and black-necked crane, as its State animal and State bird respectively.
• El Salvador becomes the first country in the world to accept Bitcoin as legal tender.
• Virat Kohli now has the most wins in Test cricket as a captain of India in England.
6th September, Current Affairs:
• The Chairman of Indian Space
Research Organisation (ISRO) K. Sivan today inaugurated a Lunar Science
Workshop 2021, to commemorate the completion of two years of operation of
Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft around the lunar orbit.
• Fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah beat Kapil Dev's record to become the fastest Indian pacer to achieve a hundred Test wickets, by getting there in his 24th match.
5th September, Current Affairs:
• National Teacher’s Day is observed
today. The National Teachers' Awards were conferred upon 44 teachers from
across the country for their contribution to developing innovative methods
• The Tokyo Paralympics 2020 has come to an end. Having registered 19 medals in total, the Indian Paralympic Team crossed its previous best tally of four medals at the 2016 Paralympics.
• A tripartite peace accord was inked on Saturday by representatives of the Centre, Assam government and five Karbi-Anglong groups, as part of which 1,000 armed cadres have abjured violence and joined the mainstream.
4th September, Current Affairs:
• Shooter Avani Lekhara, who became
the first Indian woman to win two Paralympic medals, will be India's
flag-bearer at Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games closing ceremony on Sunday.
• India's Pramod Bhagat secured the country's fourth gold medal at the Tokyo Paralympics on Saturday when he defeated Great Britain's Daniel Bethell in the badminton men's singles (SL3) final.
• Manoj Sarkar sealed a 2-0 win (22-20, 21-13) against Daisuke Fujihara to win bronze in badminton men's SL3 singles event in Tokyo Paralympics.
3rd September, Current Affairs:
• At least 46 people have died after
remnants of Hurricane Ida hammered US East Coast with record-breaking rain,
causing flash-floods in the region.
• India's Avani Lekhara Wins Bronze In Women's 50m Rifle 3 Positions SH1. She becomes the only Indian woman to win two medals in Paralympics.
• In the ongoing 4th Test between India and England, Virat Kohli become the fastest batsman to reach 23000 runs across all formats in international cricket.
• Praveen Kumar became India's fourth medallist in men's high jump and 11th medallist overall at the Tokyo Paralympics as he won silver with an Asian record jump of 2.07m.
• Harvinder Singh made history as he claimed India's first-ever medal in para archery by bagging the bronze at the Tokyo Paralympics.
2nd September, Current Affairs:
• Cristiano Ronaldo becomes all-time
highest goalscorer in international football. Cristiano Ronaldo scored his
110th and 111th goals for Portugal, thus surpassing former Iran striker Ali
Daei as the all-time highest goalscorer in the history of international
• Former Rajya Sabha member and journalist Chandan Mitra who had been unwell for some time, died last night. He was 65.