Dadra and Nagar Haveli
• Dadra and Nagar Haveli is located in the western part of the country and situated between the states of Gujarat to the north and Maharashtra to the south.
• The territory consists of two sections—Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
• The capital is Silvassa.
• The area of Dadra Nagar Haveli spread over 491.00 sq.kms.
• The Portuguese occupied Dadra and Nagar Haveli between 1783 and 1785 and ruled it till its liberation in 1954.
• The major tribes are Varlies, Kokana, Dhodia and Dublas.
• The major dances are Tarpa, Dhol, Bhavada and Gherria.
• According to the 2011 census Dadra Nagar Haveli has a population of 3.43 lakhs.