• Gujarat is located on the North Western part of India. The state is locally known as Jewel of the West.
• It has a coastline of 1,600 km which is longest in India.
• The state shares its border by Pakistan and Rajasthan in the north east, Maharashtra and Diu, Daman, Dadra and Nagar Haveli in the south and Madhya Pradesh in the east.
• Capital city of the state is Gandhinagar. Ahmedabad, Surat, Baroda, Rajkot are some major cities of Gujarat. Ahmedabad is the largest city of the state.
• Total area of the state is 196077 sq. km.
• Total districts in Gujarat are 33.
• Total population of the state is around 6 cores according to 2011 census.
• The population density is 308 per square km.
• Literacy rate in Gujarat is 80.18 %.
• Guajarati is the main language of Gujarat.
• Sabarmati, Tapi, Narmada are the main river in the state.
• The state is one of the major industrial hubs in India. Electronics, Information Technology, Textiles, Petrochemicals, Agriculture are the major industries in Gujarat.
• The largest refinery in the world Jamnagar Refinery is located in Gujarat.
• Gir National Park is the sole home of the Asiatic Lions. Gujarat is the only home of Asiatic lions and outside Africa.
• Sabarmati Ashram, Mandvi Beach, Somnath etc are some of the major tourist attraction in Gujarat.
• Bhavai and garba are the folk traditions of Gujarat.
• The Rann of Kutch, a seasonal salt marsh is located on the Kutch District of Gujarat.
|District||Headquarters||Area (km2)||Population (2011)||Population Density (/km2)|
|Chhota Udepur||Chhota Udepur||3,237||10,71,831||331|