• Haryana is a state in the northern part of India.
• Haryana was created on 1st November 1966 from the state of Punjab on the basis of language.
• It is bordered with Rajasthan to the west and south and by Punjab and Himachal Pradesh to the north. Haryana forms the northern, western and southern borders of Delhi.
• The state is one of the major industrial hubs of India.
• The state has 21 districts.
• Total area of the state is 44,212 sq. kms. By Area size it holds the 20th position among the 29 states of India.
• Chandigarh is the capital city of Haryana, while Faridabad is the largest city of the state.
• Total population of the state is 2.5 cores.
• The population density in the state is 573 per square km.
• Haryana is also one of the wealthier states of India and had the second highest per capita income in the country.
• The economy of the state is depends on agriculture, manufacturing, BPO and retail.
• Hindi is the official language of Haryana though Haryanavi language has been the dominant mother tongue in Haryana.
• Faridabad, Panchkula, Sonipat, Panipat, Yamuna Nagar, Rewari are some of the major cities of Haryana.
• Literacy rate in the state is 76.64 %.
• Yamuna is the main river that flows along its eastern boundary of Haryana.
|District||Headquarters||Area (km2)||Population (2011)||Population Density (/km2)|
|Charkhi Dadri||Charkhi Dadri||1370||5,02,276||367|
|Yamuna Nagar||Yamuna Nagar||1,756||12,14,162||687|