• Bihar is located in the eastern part of the country.
• Bihar is the place from where the first and the greatest empire of India Maurya Empire arose in 322 BCE. It is also the place from where Gautam Buddha distribute knowledge and founded Buddhism. Bodh Gaya is the place where Gautama Buddha is said to have obtained Enlightenment.
• The state is bounded by Nepal to the north and by West Bengal to the northeast and Uttar Pradesh to the west.
• The Bihar plain is divided into two unequal halves by the river Ganga which flows through the middle from west to east.
• Patna is the capital city of the Bihar. Gaya is the second largest city of Bihar after Patna.
• The Total Area of the state is 94,163 sq. kms.
• Bihar legislature assembly has 243 seats. There are total 40seats for MP election in Bihar.
• Total number of districts is 38.
• Population of the state according to 2011 census is 10.3 cores. It is the third largest state by population in India.
• Literacy rate is 63.82%.
• Density of Population is 1,102 per sq kms.
• Chatth Puja is one of the major festivals observed in Bihar. The puja is celebrated twice a year.
• Limestone, Pyrites, Quartzite, Crude Mica are the main natural resource of Bihar.
• Economy mainly depends on agriculture.
• Mahabodhi Temple, Nalanda University, Shanti Stupa, Gaya, Patna are the tourist attraction in Bihar.
|Song||Mere Bharat Ke Kanth Haar|
|District||Headquarter||Population (2011)||Area (in sq.km)||Density (per sq.km)|