• Chandigarh is an union territory in northern part of India.
• It is also the capital city of Punjab and Haryana. The city is located in the border of these two states.
• Chandigarh is also known as "City of Beautiful". It was the first planned city in India after independence. The master plan of the city was prepared by famous Swiss-French architect and designer Le Corbusier.
• The city was established as Union Territory on 1st of November 1966 after the formation of Haryana from Punjab.
• The total area of the city is 114 square km, while the population is more than 10 lakhs according to the 2011 census.
• The density of population in the city is 9300 per square km.
• The literacy rate in the city is 81.9 %.
• Rock Garden, Rose Garden, Government Museum and Art gallery are the main tourist attraction in Chandigarh.
• With a per capita income of 99,262 Rs. - Chandigarh is the richest city in India.
|Animal||Indian grey mongoose|
|Bird||Indian grey hornbill|