Current Affairs,April 2022
30th April, Current Affairs:
• Gen. Manoj Pande today took charge as
the 29th Chief of the Army Staff from incumbent Gen. Manoj Naravane who
retired from service. General Pande is the 29th Army Chief and the first
officer from the Corps of Engineers to get this opportunity.
• Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur today inaugurated 2nd Khelo Masters Games Delhi-2022 at Tyagraj Stadium in New Delhi.
29th April, Current Affairs:
• Lieutenant General Baggavalli
Somashekar Raju will take over as the Vice Chief of the Army Staff on May 1,
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi today inaugurated Semicon India Conference-2022 through video conferencing. The three-day event is taking place in Bengaluru.
27th April, Current Affairs:
• Twitter's board of directors
unanimously agreed to Elon Musk's offer to purchase the social media
platform at a price of $44 billion.
• BJP leader and former Union minister Vijay Sampla has been appointed as the chairperson of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) for a second time.
25th April, Current Affairs:
• Emmanuel Macron has won a second term
in France's presidential election with 58.2 per cent of the vote. Macron's
far-right challenger Marine Le Pen won 41.8 per cent of the vote.
• Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani has become the world's fifth-richest person overtaking legendary investor Warren Buffett, according to Forbes data.
24th April, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi was
conferred with the first Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award in Mumbai.
• Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu declared open the Khelo India University Games in Bengaluru.
• India's Deepak Punia won the 86kg men's freestyle silver medal while Viky clinched bronze in 92kg on the final day of the Asian Wrestling Championships in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
22nd April, Current Affairs:
• Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurates
48th All India Police Science Congress meeting organized at Central Police
Training Academy (CPTA), Bhopal.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi holds bilateral talks with British PM Boris Johnson.
• World Earth Day is observed today. The main theme for 2022 is Invest In Our Planet.
19th April, Current Affairs:
• Ajay Kumar Sood has been appointed as
the Principal Scientific Advisor (PSA) to the Union Government.
• The sixth and last of the French Scorpène-class submarines, Vagsheer, was launched into water by Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar at a ceremony at the Mazagon Docks Limited (MDL) in Mumbai.
18th April, Current Affairs:
• Lieutenant General Manoj Pande has been
appointed as the next chief of Indian Army. Lt. Gen Manoj Pande will be the
first officer from the Corps of Engineers to become the Chief of Army Staff.
• World Heritage Day is observed today. The theme for World Heritage Day 2022 is “Heritage and Climate”.
17th April, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister of Mauritius Pravind
Kumar Jugnauth arrived in Mumbai on a eight-day visit to India from today.
• Easter is being celebrated across the globe today.
14th April, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi
inaugurated the Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya, or the Prime Ministers' museum,
dedicated to all Prime Ministers of the country since independence in New
• The nation pays homage to the Chief Architect of Indian Constitution Dr BR Ambedkar on his 131st birth anniversary today.
• The Central Government today released the Tenth and Eleventh Edition of the Status Paper on the Government Debt.
• Mahavir Jayanti, the birth anniversary of the 24th and the last Jain Tirthankar Bhagwan Mahavir is being celebrated across the country today.
• Rohit Sharma has become only the second Indian after Virat Kohli to score 10 thousand runs in the T20 cricket.
13th April, Current Affairs:
• Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs,
chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved continuation of the
revamped Centrally-sponsored scheme of Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan till
31st of March 2026.
• The Netherlands lifted their fourth FIH Junior Women's Hockey World Cup title after beating Germany 3-1 in the final at Potchefstroom, South Africa.
• Indian Grandmaster, R Pragganandhaa won the prestigious Reykjavik Open chess tournament in Reykjajvik, Iceland.
11th April, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be
honoured with the first-ever Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award, instituted in
the memory of the veteran singer.
• India successfully flight-tested Anti-Tank Guided Missile HELINA today.
• In Pakistan, Shehbaz Sharif has become the 23rd prime minister of the country after taking an oath.
• In the World Doubles Squash Championships, India's Dipika Pallikal teaming up with Saurav Ghosal and Joshna Chinappa, has won mixed doubles and women's doubles titles at Glasgow.
9th April, Current Affairs:
• Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu
conferred the Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship and Sangeet Natak Awards for
the year 2018 and National Awards of Lalit Kala Akademi to eminent artists
at a special function held in New Delhi.
• Astronomers have discovered an identical twin of Jupiter dubbed as K2-2016-BLG-0005Lb, which has a similar mass and is at a similar location (420 million miles away) from its star as Jupiter is from our Sun (462 million miles away).
• Author Geetanjali Shree's novel 'Tomb of Sand' became the first Hindi language work of fiction to be shortlisted for the International Booker Prize.
8th April, Current Affairs:
• The United Nations General Assembly
today suspended Russia from Human Rights Council after killings in Ukraine's
• The Reserve Bank of India in its monetary policy review has kept the repo rate unchanged at 4 percent and reverse repo rate at 3.35 percent.
7th April, Current Affairs:
• World Health Day is observed today. The
theme for this year’s World Health Day is “Our Planet, Our Health".
• Both the Houses of Parliament have been adjourned a day ahead of the scheduled time.
• India has supplied fuel to Sri Lanka under Indian credit line to help ease crisis in the island country.
6th April, Current Affairs:
• India's first case of coronavirus
variant XE was reported in Mumbai today. The new mutant may be more
transmissible than any strain of COVID-19.
• Parliament has passed the Criminal Procedure (Identification) Bill 2022 with the Rajya Sabha approving it today.
• Parliament has passed the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2022 with Rajya Sabha approving it on Wednesday. Lok Sabha had already passed the Bill.
3rd April, Current Affairs:
• India's envoy to Nepal, Vinay Mohan
Kwatra, was on Monday appointed as the new Foreign Secretary, succeeding
Harsh Vardhan Shringla, who is retiring this month-end.
• Embattled Pakistani leader Imran Khan on Monday nominated former Chief Justice Gulzar Ahmed for the office of caretaker Prime Minister.
• Australia has lifted the ICC Women's Cricket World Cup defeating England in the final by 71 runs at Hagley Oval in Christchurch.
2nd April, Current Affairs:
• Public emergency declared in Sri Lanka
after hundreds tried to storm President's house.
• Telugu, Kannada New Year day Ugaadi & Marathi New Year Gudi Padva being celebrated today.
• World Autism Awareness Day is observed today. This year the theme is - "Inclusive Quality Education for All" which marks the global inequalities in education and society, faced by people with autism.
1st April, Current Affairs:
• Odisha is celebrating its foundation day
• Chennai Super Kings all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has become the all-time highest wicket-taker in the Indian Premier League. The West Indian cricketer now has 171 wickets to his name in 153 IPL matches.