Current Affairs,April 2023
30th April, Current Affairs:
• India's Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and
Chirag Shetty becoming the first Indians after Dinesh Khanna to be crowned
champions at the Asia badminton Championships in Dubai. Indian pair of
Chirag Shetty and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy won the men’s doubles title today,
defeating eighth-seeded Malaysian pair Teo Ee Yi and Ong Yew Sin in the
final. They beat Ong Sin Yew and Teo Ee Yi 16-21, 21-17, and 21-19.
• In Punjab, 11 people were killed and several fell ill after inhaling the poisonous gas at the Giaspura locality of Ludhiana district.
29th April, Current Affairs:
• International Dance Day is being
• In Asia Badminton Championship in Dubai, Indian shuttler P.V. Sindhu lost in the Quarter Finals of Women’s Singles, to An Se-young of South Korea by 21-18, 5-21, 9-21.
28th April, Current Affairs:
• The government has appointed
Siddhartha Mohanty as chairman of Life Insurance Corporation of
India till June 2024.
• Dubai-based airline Emirates has unveiled its latest innovation, the world's first robotic check-in assistant named Sara. ara will match customers' faces with scanned passports, check passengers in, and guide them to the luggage drop area.
• Gangubai Kathiawadi won the Best Film Award at the 68th Filmfare Awards. Alia Bhatt won the Best Actress Award while Rajkummar Rao won Best Actor Award.
26th April, Current Affairs:
• In Chhattisgarh, 11 people including 10
security personnel were killed in a Maoist attack in Dantewada district
• The Union government has approved the National Medical Devices Policy, 2023. The policy is expected to help the Medical Devices Sector, grow from the present 11 billion US dollars to 50 billion US dollars in the next five years.
25th April, Current Affairs:
• Parkash Singh Badal, a five-time former
chief minister of Punjab and Akali Dal patriarch, died at a private hospital
in Mohali. He was 95.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off India’s first water metro which will connect 10 islands around Kochi through battery-operated electric hybrid boats.
24th April, Current Affairs:
• India has started ‘Operation Kaveri’ to
evacuate its nationals from conflict-torn Sudan. Around 3,000 Indians are
stuck in various parts of Sudan.
• The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Indian Navy have successfully conducted a trial of the Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) interceptor from a naval platform.
22nd April, Current Affairs:
• Eid-ul-Fitr was celebrated with
religious fervour and enthusiasm in various parts of the country.
• World Earth Day 2023 is observed today.
• Wing Commander Deepika Misra is first IAF woman officer to receive gallantry award. Wing Commander Deepika Misra is among 58 personnel who received the gallantry award during the investiture ceremony by the Air Force chief that included 57 Air Force personnel and one from the Indian Army.
• Indian Space Research Organisations (ISRO) successfully launched the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle C55 (PSLV-C55) mission carrying two Singaporean satellites from Satish Dhawan Space Center at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
19th April, Current Affairs:
• India has become the world's most
populous country, overtaking China, data released by the United Nations
today. According to UN estimates, India's population is 142.86 crore against
China's 142.57 crore.
• World Liver Day is observed today.
17th April, Current Affairs:
• Rajasthan's Nandini Gupta has been
crowned as the Femina Miss India World 2023 in the 59th edition of Femina
Miss India 2023 Grand Finale held at Imphal, Manipur.
• The 100th meeting of G20 working groups under the Indian presidency started today in Varanasi city of Uttar Pradesh.
14th April, Current Affairs:
• Festivals of Vaisakhi, Vishu, Rongali
Bihu, Naba Barsha, Vaisakhadi, Meshadi, Naba Barsha and Puthandu Pirappu are
being celebrated in different parts of the country today.
• Nation remembers the architect of the Indian Constitution, Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar on his birth anniversary today.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi today dedicated AIIMS Guwahati to the nation in a function held at Changsari in Assam.
• Aman Sehrawat clinched India’s first gold medal at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2023 in Astana, Kazakhstan.
• Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao unveiled the 125-ft tall statue of BR Ambedkar in Hyderabad today, on the occasion of the birth anniversary of the architect of the Constitution.
10th April, Current Affairs:
• Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party, or
AAP, got elevated to a national party status on Monday. The party is
currently in power in two states - Delhi and Punjab. Sharad Pawar's
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) and Mamata Banerjee's Trinamool, have been
downgraded to the status of regional parties. The CPI too was assigned the
regional party status.
• Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan and Telangana are the front-runners in the State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2021-22. These states are leading with a score above 60.
9th April, Current Affairs:
• Easter is celebrated today.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the latest tiger census data and said India's tiger population rose by 200 in the past four years to reach 3,167 in 2022. According to the data, the tiger population was 1,411 in 2006, 1,706 in 2010, 2,226 in 2014, 2,967 in 2018 and 3,167 in 2022.
• India’s Priyanshu Rajawat clinched the Orleans Masters Super 300 badminton tournament with a 21-15, 19-21, 21-16 win over Denmark’s Magnus Johannesen in France.
7th April, Current Affairs:
• Good Friday being observed today.
• World Health Day is celebrated today to commemorate the founding of the World Health Organisation (WHO) in 1948.
• The Union Cabinet approved a project to build an advanced gravitational-wave detector in Maharashtra.
4th April, Current Affairs:
• Mahavir Jayanti is being celebrated
across the country today.
• Finland joined the NATO and become the 31st member of the military alliance.
• Seven people were killed, while twenty seven others have been rescued so far after around 30 tourists were hit by an avalanche at Nathu La in East Sikkim.
2nd April, Current Affairs:
• The Indian Space Research Organisation
ISRO has successfully carried out the Reusable Launch Vehicle Autonomous
Landing Mission in Karnataka.
• The two-time Olympic medallist and former World Badminton Champion P.V. Sindhu has lost to Indonesia's Gregoria Mariska Tunjung in the summit clash of the Madrid Spain Masters today. Sindhu lost in straight sets 8-21, 8-21.
• Former Indian cricketer, Salim Aziz Durani passed away in Jamnagar today. The former Indian cricketer featured in 29 Test matches for team India and scored 1,202 runs with an average of 25.04. He was a part of India's successful victory against England in 1961-62.
1st April, Current Affairs:
• US' Georgia Assembly has passed a
resolution condemning Hinduphobia, making it the first American state to
take such a legislative measure.
• India’s Defence exports touch all-time high of 15 thousand 920 crore rupees during last fiscal.