Current Affairs, December 2015
31st December, Current Affairs:
• From 1st January, there will be no interviews for central government
jobs in Class-III and IV categories.
• India defeated Maldives by 3-2 to enter the final of 10th SAFF Cup.
• Indian bowler Ravichandran Ashwin have finished 2015 as the number-one ranked bowler in ICC Test Cricket. Ashwin become the first India bowler since Bishan Bedi in 1973 to achieve the milestone of finishing the year in number-one Test position.
• BCCI named Virat Kohli as the Cricketer of the Year and selected for the Polly Umrigar Award.
30th December, Current Affairs:
• Gujarati writer Raghuveer Chaudhari given Jnanpith Award for 2015 for his contribution to the Gujarati language.
28th December, Current Affairs:
• Union Goverment announced today that subsidised LPG cylinders or
cooking gas will no longer be available to taxpayers who earn more than Rs
10 lakh a year from January 2016.
• Gujarat wins the Vijay Hazare Trophy after defeating Delhi by 139 runs in the final at Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
26th December, Current Affairs:
• The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced that Pakistan spinner
Yasir Shah has been provisionally suspended as he found with an anti-doping
rule violation under the ICC Anti-Doping Code.
• Indian luger Shiva Keshavan wins silver medal at the Asian Championship.
25th December, Current Affairs:
• Christmas is celebrated all over across the world.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Lahore for a meeting with his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif .
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the new Afghan parliament building in Kabul which is built by India.
• India and Russia signed 16 agreements across civil nuclear energy, defence, hydrocarbon, space, investments including setting up of 12 Russian built reactors for two sites.
• Veteran Bollywood actress Sadhana died in Mumbai at the age of 74.
• Sri Lankan wicketkeeper-batsman Kusal Perera faces a four-year ban after he tested positive for a banned drug.
24th December, Current Affairs:
• Eid Milad-un-Nabi observed in India today.
• Former wicketkeeper-batsman Syed Kirmani nominated for 2015 Col. C K Nayudu Lifetime Achievement award.
• Brazil declares Emergency after they suspect a mosquito-borne virus known as "Zika" that may be the cause of 2,400 infants being born with damaged brains.
23rd December, Current Affairs:
• The Winter Session of the Parliament ended today.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi leaves for Russia for a two-day official visit.
• Former Test cricketer and BJP MP Kirti Azad has been suspended by his party for publicly targeting Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on corruption charges in Delhi's cricket body DDCA.
• Australian skipper Steve Smith named as the Test Player and Cricketer of the Year by International Cricket Council Cricketer of the Year 2015. South African player AB De Villiers named as the ODI Player of the year 2015.
22nd December, Current Affairs:
• The Juvenile Justice Bill passed in the Rajya Sabha by voice vote. The
bill will be sent to President for ratification as Lok Sabha has already
passed the bill.
• National Mathematics Day observed today in India to commemorate birthday anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan.
• Ten BSF personnel were killed as a small plane crashed near the Delhi airport just after take-off.
• The International Tennis Federation (ITF) named the Indo-Swiss pair of Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis as the 2015 ITF women's doubles World Champions. Serena Williams of America and Novak Djokovic of Serbia were named the women's and men's singles World Champions, respectively.
• New Zealand cricket captain Brendon McCullum announced retirement from all forms of international cricket.
• English Tennis player Andy Murray received the 2015 BBC Sports Personality of the Year award in London.
21st December, Current Affairs:
• Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach wins the Miss Universe 2015 contest in Las Vegas.
• Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini banned for eight years by the FIFA ethics committee.
• FC Barcelona wins the 2015 FIFA Club World Cup after defeating Argentina’s River Plate by 3-0.
20th December, Current Affairs:
• Mireia Lalaguna Royo of Spain wins the Miss World 2015 beauty pageant
in Sanya, China.
• West Indian batsman Chris Gayle becomes the first player to smash 600 sixes in Twenty20s. The achievement comes after he smashed two sixes against Brisbane Heat in a Big Bash League Twenty20 game.
• Chennaiyin FC defeat FC Goa by 3-2 to win the Indian Super League Season 2.
19th December, Current Affairs:
• Congress President Sonia Gandhi and deputy Rahul Gandhi were granted
bail in the National Herald case.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the all-India DGP conference in Kutch, Gujrat.
• Former defence secretary Radha Krishna Mathur appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of India.
18th December, Current Affairs:
• Sahitya Akademi announced its annual awards in 23 languages. The
winners are : Kula Saikia (Assamese), Man Mohan Jha (Maithili), Gupta
Pradhan (Nepali), Bibhuti Pattanaik (Odia), Maya Rahi (Sindhi), Volga
(Telugu), Rasik Shah (Gujrati), A. Madhavan (Tamil), Cyrus Mistry (English),
Jaswinder Singh (Punjabi), Madhu Acharya 'Ashawadi' (Rajasthani), Brajendra
Kumar Brahma (Bodo), Dhian Singh (Dogri), Ramdarash Mishra (Hindi), K.V.
Tirumalesh (Kannada), Kshetri Rajan (Manipuri), Ram Shankar Awasthi
(Sanskrit), Uday Bhembre (Konkani), Rabilal Tudu (Santali), Bashir
Bhadarwahi (Kashmiri), Shamim Tariq (Urdu) and Arun Khopkar (Marathi). The
award comprising of a plaque and a cheque of Rs 1 lakh.
• Mother Teresa will be made a saint of the Roman Catholic Church in September 2016 after Pope Francis today approved a decree recognising a miracle attributed to her intercession with God.
• President of France Francois Hollande will be the Chief Guest at the 2016 Republic Day celebrations.
17th December, Current Affairs:
• The Reserve Bank India has come out with a new methodology for
determining base rates which would require banks to calculate base rate on
marginal cost of funds.
• The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi build the 4th fastest Super computer in the country.
• England Football club Chelsea F.C. sacked Jose Mourinho from the Manager Post of the club.
16th December, Current Affairs:
• Vijay Diwas observed across the country to commemorate India's victory
during Indo-Pak War of 1971.
• The Supreme Court banned the registration of diesel cars and SUVs above 2000cc in Delhi till March 31 to counter polution in the city.
• India has successfully placed six satellites from Singapore with the help of PSLV in the orbit after launching from Indian Space Research Organisation's space port in Sriharikota.
• Google CEO Sundar Pichai arrives in India.
15th December, Current Affairs:
• The CBI has recovered foreign currency worth over Rs. 3 lakh from the
residence of Rajender Kumar, the principal secretary to the Chief Minister
• FC Goa enters the final of 2015 ISL after defeating Delhi Dynamos by 3-1 in aggregate.
13th December, Current Affairs:
• Bollywood actor Dilip Kumar conferred with Padma Vibhushan by Home Minister Rajnath Singh in Mumbai.
12th December, Current Affairs:
• The Final Draft Of the proposed United Nations Climate-Rescue Accord
submitted in Paris that aimed at curbing emissions of the heat-trapping
gases threatening to climate system.
• India and Japan signed MoUs including civil nuclear energy cooperation and India's first bullet train.
• In Saudi Arabia, women vote for the first time in elections today.
• Mumbai Police Commissioner Ahmad Javed has been appointed Ambassador to Saudi Arabia.
11th December, Current Affairs:
• The National Green Tribunal (NGT) orders that diesel-run vehicles will
not be registered in Delhi to reduce plution in the capital city. It also
said in its order that there will be no renewal of registration of diesel
vehicles that are more than 10-years-old.
• Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe arrived in New Delhi today on a three-day official visit.
• The fixture for the ICC World Twenty20 2016 relaesed today.
10th December, Current Affairs:
• Today is observed as Human Rights Day.
• Bombay High Court acquitted Salman Khan in 2002 hit and run case.
• Haryana Government passed a law to implement minimum educational qualification for candidates contesting panchayat polls.
• Mauricio Macri Blanco sworn in as the President of Argentina.
9th December, Current Affairs:
• Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj met Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif
in Islamabad in an efforts by both countries to improve ties.
• German Chancellor Angela Merkel named as "Person of the Year 2015" by Time magazine.
8th December, Current Affairs:
• Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj arrived in Islamabad on
a two-day visit to Pakistan.
• Two new teams Pune and Rajkot will introduced this year in Indian Premier League which will replace the suspended Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals.
• A bill is approved by the Parliament permitting the filing of cases for the bounced cheques at the place where a cheque is presented for clearance.
• Justice Y Bhaskar Rao resign from his post as the Lokayukta of Karnataka.
7th December, Current Affairs:
• Armed Forces Flag Day observed across India.
• India defeats South Africa by 3-0 by in the four match Test Series. Ravichandran Ashwin won Man of the Series award with 31 wickets in the four-Test series.
6th December, Current Affairs:
• National Security Advisors of India and Pakistan met in Bangkok to
revolved around issues like terrorism and security along the LOC between
• Philippines' Angelia Ong has own the Miss Earth 2015 in Manila.
• Australia defeated Belgium by 2-1 to win 2014-15 Men's Hockey World League Final in Raipur.
• India defeated defending champions Netherlands by 3-2 in the penalty shoot-out to win the bronze medal in Men's Hockey World League.
4th December, Current Affairs:
• Delhi government has announced that private vehicles with odd and even registration numbers will be allowed on the roads only on alternate days from next month.
3rd December, Current Affairs:
• Justice TS Thakur sworn in as the 43rd Chief Justice of India.
• Union cabinet approves six new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Chhatisgarh, Goa, Jammu and Kashmir, Kerala and Karnataka.
• 14 people were killed in a mass shooting by a armed couple in California.
• Today is observed as World Disability Day.
2nd December, Current Affairs:
• Chennai is facing its worst crisis as rain have broken records of last
100 years. 188 persons died till now in Tamil Nadu.
• Thakur Anoop Singh wins World Bodybuilding Gold Medal in Thailand.
1st December, Current Affairs:
• World AIDS Day observed across the world.