Current Affairs, December 2017
30th December, Current Affairs:
• Vidharbha pacer Rajneesh Gurbani became only the second bowler to bag a hat-trick in the final of the Ranji Trophy. He bags the achievement against the Delhi Ranji Team in the on-going final match. B Kalyanasundaram was the first bowler to achieve this feat when he claimed a hat-trick for Tamil Nadu against Bombay in 1972/73 in final.
29th December, Current Affairs:
• Fourteen people including 11 women were killed and several injured in a
massive fire that started from a restaurant in Mumbai's Kamala Mills
• Five-time world champion Viswanathan Anand beat World No. 1 Magnus Carlsen to win the World Rapid Chess Championship title.
28th December, Current Affairs:
• The Lok Sabha has passed a bill that makes instant "Triple Talaq" a criminal offence and proposes a three-year jail term for offence.
27th December, Current Affairs:
• BJP MLA Jairam Thakur sworn in as the 14th Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
26th December, Current Affairs:
• Vijay Rupani sworn in as 16th Chief Minister of Gujarat along with 19
• The Spurs and England striker Harry Kane broke the record for the most Premier League goals scored in a calendar year. He scores 37 league goals of 2017 to surpass Alan Shearer's records created in 1995. He is also the first player in Premier League history to score six hat-tricks in a single calendar year.
25th December, Current Affairs:
• Christmas is celebrated across the World.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates the Delhi Metro's new Magenta Line, which connects the capital with neighbouring Noida for the first time.
• India's first air-conditioned (AC) suburban train commenced its services from the Borivili station to Churchgate in South Mumbai.
24th December, Current Affairs:
• Jairam Thakur elected as the new Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
• TTV Dhinakaran wins the Chennai's RK Nagar by election poll which was previously represented by former Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa. BJP wins in Arunachal Pradesh's Pakke-Kessang and Uttar Pradesh's Sikandra by poll. TMC bagged the West Bengal's Sabang assembly seat.
• China’s domestically developed AG600, the world’s largest amphibious aircraft makes maiden flight in China.
23rd December, Current Affairs:
• Former Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Yadav sent to jail after a CBI court
in Ranchi found him and 15 others guilty of corruption in the fodder scam.
• At least 32 people were killed and several others injured when a bus fell into the Banas river from a bridge in Rajasthan's Sawai Madhopur district.
22nd December, Current Affairs:
• Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani elected for the second term as
Chief Minister of Gujarat by BJP.
• India's national academy of letters - Sahitya Akademi, has announced its annual awards recognising the literary works of 24 writers writing in 24 Indian languages. Seven books of novels, five of poetry, five of short stories, five of literary criticism and one of play and essays have won this year Sahitya Akademi Awards.
• Bollywood actor Salman Khan topps the List Of 100 Indian Celebs which is based on the earnings and age. Shah Rukh Khan, cricketer Virat Kohli and Akshay Kumar is at second spot in the list.
• Rohit Sharma equals the fastest T20 century in 35 balls. He scored 101 runs in 35 balls against Sri Lanka in Indore in the second T20 match. The other batsman who scored T20 century in 35 balls is South African batsman David Miller.
21st December, Current Affairs:
• Former telecom minister A Raja and M Kanimozhi of the DMK and 15 others
were acquitted of 2G scam charges by a CBI court headed by Special Judge OP
• Germany named as the 'Team of the year' for 2017 by FIFA.
20th December, Current Affairs:
• Lok Sabha passes Indian Forest (Amendment) Bill to remove bamboo from
• Rohit Sharma became the second Indian after Virat Kohli to score 1,500 runs in T20 Internationals.
18th December, Current Affairs:
• BJP wins the Gujarat Assembly election by winning 99 seats of 182 seats. BJP also wins the Himachal Pradesh Assembly election by winning 44 seats of 68 total seats.
17th December, Current Affairs:
• Japan's Akane Yamaguchi defeat India's PV Sindhu by 21-15, 12-21, 19-21
in the finals to win the Dubai World Super series Finals 2017.
• India defeated Sri Lanka by 2-1 in the three matches ODI Series. This is India's 8th consecutive bilateral series victory.
• Real Madrid defeated Grremio by 1-0 to wins the Club World Cup title.
15th December, Current Affairs:
• The winter session of the parliament begins from today.
• The Union Government cleared a Bill to ban instant triple talaq or talaq-e-biddat and provides for a jail term for practising it.
14th December, Current Affairs:
• 68.7 per cent people voted in the second and final phase of the Gujarat
assembly polls today.
• India's first modern conventional submarine, INS Kalvari inducted into the Navy in Mumbai by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• International Hockey Federation (FIH) chief Narinder Batra elected as the president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
13th December, Current Affairs:
• The Finance Ministry has issued a press note that the deadline to link
Aadhaar with bank accounts has been moved to March 31, 2018. It is also
informed that to open a new account Aadhaar number is no longer mandatory.
However, once the account opens, the account holder will have to give the
Aadhaar number within six months.
• Indian batsman Rohit Sharma becomes the only player to scores 3 double centuries in ODI matches. Today he scored 208 runs against Sri Lanka in Mohali.
11th December, Current Affairs:
• Rahul Gandhi elected unopposed as the President of the Indian National
• India defeated Germany by 2-1 to win the bronze medal at the Hockey World League Final.
9th December, Current Affairs:
• The first phase of the Gujarat Assembly Election held today for 89 of
the state's 182 constituencies. 68 per cent voter turnout recorded today in
• Sri Lanka formally handed over the southern port of Hambantota to China on a 99-year lease.
• United Nations rejects the United States recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli capital.
8th December, Current Affairs:
• UNESCO names Kumbh Mela in the Representative List of Intangible
Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
• Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or award for the fifth time.
6th December, Current Affairs:
• Time magazine has named “The Silence Breakers” who revealed the
harassment and assault against women across various industries as 2017
Person of the Year.
• India wins the three matches Test Series by 1-0. India now has nine consecutive Test series win which equalled the record for most consecutive series wins with Australia and South Africa.
4th December, Current Affairs:
• Bollywood actor Shashi Kapoor passes away in Kokilaben Ambani Hospital in Mumbai at the age of 79 after suffering from prolonged illness. The veteran actor, who was part of over 150 films was the recipient of the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2015.
3rd December, Current Affairs:
• Iranian President Hassan Rouhani inaugurated the Chabahar Port, which
is developed in association with India. The Port will open a trade route to
Afghanistan and central Asia, bypassing Pakistan.
• Indian Test Captain Virat Kohli becomes the only captain in cricket history to score six double centuries. He breaks the West Indies great Brian Lara's record of 5 centuries.
2nd December, Current Affairs:
• Infosys appointed Salil S Parekh as the company's chief executive
officer and managing director.
• Indian Captain Virat Kohli became the first international captain to hit three successive hundreds in a three-Test series.
• The first-ever under lights Day Night Ashes Test between Australia and England played today in Adelaide.
1st December, Current Affairs:
• World AIDS day 2017 observed today across the World.
• India's first Madame Tussauds wax museum opened at the iconic Regal building in central Delhi.