Current Affairs, December 2022
30th December, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi
inaugurated Howrah -NJP Vande Bharat Express from the historic Howrah
Station on Friday virtually from Ahmedabad.
• Benjamin Netanyahu has sworn in as Israel’s prime minister today.
• Pele, the iconic Brazilian footballer widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time and the only player to have won the FIFA World Cup thrice, died at the age of 82. Widely regarded as one of soccer’s greatest players, Pele is credited with scoring a world record 1,281 goals in 1,363 appearances during a 21-year career, including 77 goals in 92 matches for his country.
29th December, Current Affairs:
• International passengers travelling
from China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Thailand to India
will be mandatorily required to undergo RTPCR tests before their departure
from these countries.
• The 356th Birth Anniversary of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj is being celebrated across the country today.
• The Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully fired the Extended Range (ER) version of BrahMos air-launched supersonic cruise missile against a ship target from a SU-30MKI fighter aircraft.
27th December, Current Affairs:
• A nationwide mock drill is being
conducted in all the hospitals today to assess the Covid-19 emergency
preparedness in the country.
• Lovlina Borgohain and Nikhat Zareen have won Gold medals at Women's National Boxing Championship 2022 in Bhopal. While Lovlina Borgohain beat Arundhati Choudhary of Services 5-0 in the 75kg final, Nikhat Zareen defeated Anamika of Railways 4-1 in the final of the 50kg category.
25th December, Current Affairs:
• Christmas being celebrated with
traditional fervour & gaiety.
• Nepal's President Bidya Devi Bhandari appointed CPN-Maoist Centre chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ as the new Prime Minister of Nepal.
• India's badminton star PV Sindhu is the only Indian player in the top 25 in Forbes' annual list of the highest-paid female athletes in the world. Sindhu occupies the 12th spot in the list. Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka tops the list.
• Mikey Hothi has been unanimously elected as the mayor of Lodi city in northern California. He is the first Sikh to hold the top position in the city's history.
23rd December, Current Affairs:
• Sixteen Army jawans were killed and
four others injured after their vehicle skidded down a steep slope near
• The government today approved the inclusion of an intranasal Covid vaccine in the vaccination programme as a booster dose for adults. The two-drop India-made nasal vaccine, iNCOVACC, will be introduced on the Co-WIN platform this evening.
• Both the Houses of Parliament were adjourned today, six days ahead of their schedule of the Winter Session.
20th December, Current Affairs:
• The Economic Advisory Council to
Prime Minister (EAC-PM) along with Institute for Competitiveness and Social
Progress Imperative today released the Social Progress Index (SPI) for
States and Districts of India. Puducherry, Lakshadweep, and Goa stand out as
the best-performing States in the index.
• Steel Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia launched India's first Green Steel Brand - KALYANI FeRRESTA in New Delhi today.
• The fifth Scorpène submarine, Vagir of Project - 75 Kalvari Class submarines was delivered to the Indian Navy by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) Mumbai.
19th December, Current Affairs:
• Argentina beat France 4-2 on
penalties to win the 2022 FIFA World Cup after a 3-3 draw in the final at
the Lusail Stadium in Doha. The win marks Argentina’s third-ever World Cup
victory and first since 1986.
• Lionel Messi won the Golden Ball for the best player at this year's World Cup. Kylian Mbappe win the Golden Boot for the tournament's top scorer with eight goals. Argentina’s Emiliano Martinez won the Golden Glove award while Enzo Fernandez won the Best Young Player award.
• Indian swimmer Chahat Arora set a new national record in the women’s 50m breaststroke at the FINA World Swimming Championships 2022 in Melbourne, Australia.
• India's Sargam Koushal crowned the Mrs World at a gala event in Las Vegas. India has only won the Mrs World title once, in 2001 with Dr Aditi Govitrikar bagging the coveted crown.
18th December, Current Affairs:
• Defense Minister Rajnath Singh today
commissioned INS Mormugao, a P15B stealth-guided missile destroyer, into the
Indian Navy in Mumbai.
• International Migrants Day is being celebrated today.
• Ireland's Leo Varadkar took over as premier for the second time in a handover of power in line with a coalition deal struck in 2020.
• Croatia beat Morocco 2-1 in the third-place playoff of the FIFA World Cup.
16th December, Current Affairs:
• India has successfully conducted
night trials of nuclear-capable ballistic missile Agni V, capable of
striking targets at ranges up to 5,000 kilometers with very high degree of
• India is celebrating Vijay Diwas today to commemorate India's victory over Pakistan in 1971 Bangladesh Liberation war.
14th December, Current Affairs:
• Bhupendra Patel took oath as the
18th CM of Gujarat. The oath was administered to Bhupendra Patel by Governor
• Space agency NASA has brought home its next-generation Orion spacecraft after a near-26-day mission to orbit the Moon.
• New Zealand passed a law banning cigarettes for future generations in the country. It is considering an attempt to bring in a near-total tobacco ban from next year.
11th December, Current Affairs:
• Congress leader Sukhwinder Singh
Sukhu took oath as the chief minister of Himachal Pradesh at a ceremony in
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated virtually three National Ayush Institutes in Goa.
• Morocco made history as the first African team to reach a FIFA World Cup semifinal after defeating Portugal 1-0.
10th December, Current Affairs:
• In Gujarat, Bhupendra Patel will be
the new chief minister of the state. It will be Bhupendra Patel's second
consecutive term as chief minister.
• Human Rights Day is being observed today.
• PT Usha today officially elected as the first woman president of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) during the governing body's polls.
• Ishan Kishan slammed the fastest double-century in One-Day Internationals during the ongoing 3rd ODI between India and Bangladesh in Chattogram. He achieved the feat in 126 balls, also becoming the fourth Indian batter to score a double-hundred.
8th December, Current Affairs:
• In Gujarat, BJP won 61 assembly seats
and led in 96 seats in the 182 members' assembly. The Congress won 6 seats
and led in 10 seats.
• In Himachal Pradesh, Congress has won 29 seats and is leading in ten while BJP has got sixteen seats and is leading in ten.
• In Peru, Dina Boluarte has assumed office as the first female President.
7th December, Current Affairs:
• Time magazine named Ukraine President
Volodymyr Zelensky as well as "the spirit of Ukraine" as its 2022 person of
the year for the resistance the country has shown in the face of Russia's
• The Armed Forces Flag Day is being observed across the country today.
• The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) recorded its maiden victory at the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) elections after winning 134 seats out of 250.
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) today hiked the policy repo rate - for a fifth consecutive time - by 35 basis points to 6.25 %.
• The first gold ATM in India opened in the city at Raghupathi Chambers in Begumpet and customers may now purchase pure gold coins from the ATM using their debit or credit cards.
• Mirabai Chanu defeated Olympic champion Hou Zhihua to win silver medal at the 2022 Weightlifting World Championships.
5th December, Current Affairs:
• World Soil Day is being observed
• In Gujarat, polling conducted for the second and final phase of assembly elections for remaining the 93 seats.
4th December, Current Affairs:
• Navy day being celebrated today.
• The 1st Sherpa Meeting of India’s G20 Presidency, chaired by G20 Sherpa Amitabh Kant is commencing from today in Udaipur.
• The US Air Force has unveiled its newest nuclear stealth bomber the B-21. The B-21 Raider is the first new American bomber aircraft in more than 30 years.
• Indian shooter Rudrankksh Patil has clinched the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) President’s Cup held in Cairo, Egypt.
3rd December, Current Affairs:
• International Day of Persons with
Disabilities is observed today.
• New York and Singapore have emerged as the joint-most expensive cities to live in, according to a new worldwide survey.
• The world’s first intra-nasal vaccine for COVID developed by India has got approval from the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation for restricted use in emergency situations in the age group of 18 and above.
1st December, Current Affairs:
• India formally assumed the G-20
presidency today for one year.
• Polling has been conducted in the first phase of assembly polls in Gujrat on Thursday. Nearly 57 percent of polling has been reported at 5 pm. The first phase of polls covered 89 assembly constituencies.
• Former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin – the first Chinese President to visit India, dies at 96.
• World AIDS Day is observed today.
• England had scored 506/4 on the opening day of the first Test against Pakistan in Rawalpindi. It is the first time in test cricket that 500 runs have been scored on the first day.