Current Affairs,February 2022
28th February, Current Affairs:
• Today is the National Science Day.
The day is celebrated every year to commemorate the discovery of the ‘Raman
• Polling for the first phase of Manipur Assembly Elections is conducted today.
• Russian government has decided to restrict flights from 36 countries after several nations banned Russia from its airspace following the invasion of Ukraine.
27th February, Current Affairs:
• In Uttar Pradesh, polling for the
Fifth Phase of Assembly Elections is conducted today for 61 Assembly
Constituencies spread over 12 districts.
• India has launched an evacuation mission, Operation Ganga, which is evacuating Indian nationals from Ukraine amid the Russian invasion.
• Mirabai Chanu secures Gold Medal in Singapore Weightlifting International.
• Indian wushu player Sadia Tariq has won a gold medal at a junior tournament being held in Moscow.
26th February, Current Affairs:
• With Russia exercising its veto, a
draft resolution sponsored by the U.S. and Albania, condemning Russian
aggression and calling for the country’s withdrawal from Ukraine, has failed
to pass the United Nations Security Council (UNSC). India, along with China
and the UAE, abstained, while 11 members voted in favour of it.
• President Joe Biden on Friday nominated federal appellate judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to become the first Black woman to serve on the US Supreme Court.
24th February, Current Affairs:
• Russia has launched a special
military operation in Ukraine's eastern Donbas region. Russian forces
entered Ukrainian territory from Krimea.
• The Centre has informed Supreme Court that 18 thousand crore have been returned to the banks in Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi, and Mehul Choksi cases.
23rd February, Current Affairs:
• Polling completed peacefully for the
fourth phase of elections in Uttar Pradesh. In the phase, 59 seats of 9
districts of state went for poll.
• 16 years old Grandmaster R Praggnanandhaa scripted history as he defeated the reigning World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen in an online rapid chess tournament. He is the youngest player to defeat Magnus Carlsen.
21st February, Current Affairs:
• A special CBI court in Ranchi
sentenced Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad for five years'
imprisonment in the case of illegal withdrawal of over 139 crore rupees from
Doranda treasury in the final and last case related to the fodder scam.
• The Government of India will be setting up an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as part of the India-UAE trade deal. This will be the first time an IIT would be established outside India.
20th February, Current Affairs:
• Arunachal Pradesh Foundation Day is
• The World Day of Social Justice is being observed today.
• Single-Phase polling for Assembly Elections for 117 seats in Punjab is held today. In Uttar Pradesh, polling for the third Phase of Assembly Elections is also conducted today.
19th February, Current Affairs:
• Bihar batter Sakibul Gani scripted
history as he became the first player to score a triple-century on
first-class debut. The batter achieved the feat in the ongoing Ranji Trophy
Plate Group match against Mizoram in Kolkata.
• India will host the 2023 International Olympic Committee's (IOC) session in Mumbai after successfully bidding for it at the 139th IOC session.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Asia's biggest Bio-CNG plant, "the Gobar-Dhan plant" in Indore today via video conferencing.
18th February, Current Affairs:
• India’s first water taxi service was
inaugurated in Maharashtra today which will connect the Navi Mumbai area to
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates Thane-Diva railway lines in Maharashtra.
• In Gujarat, a Special designated court in Ahmedabad has awarded death penalty to 38 convicts in 2008 Ahmedabad Serial bomb blast case which claimed 56 lives.
16th February, Current Affairs:
• Legendary Bollywood Music Composer
and singer Bappi Lahiri passed away in Mumbai. He was 69.
• Ravidas Jayanti, the birth anniversary of Sant Ravidas, is being celebrated across the country today.
• Russia announces partial withdrawal of troops from areas near Ukraine.
14th February, Current Affairs:
• The Indian Space Research
Organisation (ISRO) launched a Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle with two
smaller co-passenger satellites today from the First Launch Pad of Satish
Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
• Nation is remembering the martyrs of Pulwama attack who made supreme sacrifice in a terrorist attack on this day in the year 2019.
• Former Turkish Airlines Chairman Ilker Ayci has been appointed the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) of Air India by the Tata Sons.
• The Second Phase of Assembly Elections in Uttar Pradesh is conducted today. The Single-Phase polling for Assembly Elections for 40 seats in Goa and 70 seats in Uttarakhand is also being held simultaneously.
12th February, Current Affairs:
• Atal Tunnel has officially been
certified by the World Book of Records as the World's Longest Highway Tunnel
above 10 thousand Feet.
• Industrialist and former chairman of Bajaj Group Rahul Bajaj passed away today. He was 83.
• Today is the International Day of Women and Girls in Science.
10th February, Current Affairs:
• Voting has concluded for the first
phase of the 2022 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections. 58 Constituencies spread
across 11 districts are going to polls in this phase.
• Election commission revises the date of polling for the Manipur Assembly elections. The first phase of polling will be held on February 28, instead of February 27.
• Today is World Pulses Day.
6th February, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi
inaugurated the Statue Of Equality in Hyderabad to honour the 11th-century
Hindu saint Sri Ramanujacharya.
• Legendary singer Bharat Ratna Lata Mangeshkar died at the age of 92. Lata Mangeshkar, also known as the Indian Nightingale, passed away at Breach Candy hospital.
• In the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup, India lifted a record fifth title after beating England by four wickets in the summit clash at Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua.
• Raj Bawa became the first Indian cricketer to bag a fifer in an ICC tournament final when he finished with figures of 5/31 in the U19 World Cup final against England in North Sound, Antigua.
4th February, Current Affairs:
• World Cancer Day 2022 is observed is
observed today. This year the theme of the World Cancer Day is “closing the
• The opening ceremony of the Beijing Winter Olympics began in China today.
• Uttar Pradesh’s tableau, based on the theme ‘One District One Product and Kashi Vishwanath Dham’, was adjudged the best among 12 States and Union Territories (UT) at this year’s Republic Day parade.
1st February, Current Affairs:
• FM Nirmala Sitharaman presents Union
Budget for 2022-23 in Parliament today. India’s economic growth estimated at
9.2 percent, the highest among all large economies.
• A 30 per cent tax will apply on income from the sale or acquisition of virtual and digital assets such as cryptocurrency. Taxpayers can file updated income tax returns within two years in one-time window. There is no change to Income Tax slabs.
• Indian Coast Guard is celebrating its 46th Raising Day today.