Current Affairs, June 2017
30th June, Current Affairs:
• Senior advocate KK Venugopal will be the new Attorney General for India.
29th June, Current Affairs:
• India's latest communication satellite, GSAT-17 inducted into the INSAT/GSAT system from Kourou, French Guiana by Ariane-5 VA-238.
26th June, Current Affairs:
• The festival of Eid al-Fitr is celebrated today.
• The annual Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath begins today in Jagannath temple in Puri.
25th June, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives in USA of official visit.
• Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth beat Olympic champion Chen Long by 22-20, 21-16 in the men's singles final to clinch the Australian Open Super Series.
24rd June, Current Affairs:
• UN honours West Bengal Chief Mnister Mamata Banerjee with highest
public service award for girl child project Kanyashree. The West Bengal
government launched the Kanyashree project in 2011 to empower the girl child
• Indian-origin Sikh human rights advocate Palbinder Kaur Shergill becomes the first turbaned Supreme Court Judge in Canada.
• Salman Khan's film Sultan wins Best Action Movie Award at Shanghai International Film Festival.
• India captain Mithali Raj became the first woman in cricket history to hit seven consecutive fifties in ODIs.
23rd June, Current Affairs:
• Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) today launches multiple satellites with PSLV-C38 in a single flight by placing 31 satellites in their orbits.
20th June, Current Affairs:
• 3rd International Yoga Day is celebrated today.
• Anil Kumble resigns as Team India cricket coach.
19th June, Current Affairs:
• Bihar Governor Ram Nath Kovind named as the Presidential nominee by
• Taj Mahal Palace building in Mumbai becomes first Indian building to get a trademark.
• Australian Government today announced online visitor visa facility for Indians from July 1st.
18th June, Current Affairs:
• Pakistan wins the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 after defeating India by
180 runs at the Kennington Oval in England.
• Kidambi Srikanth of India wins the Indonesia Open Super Series Final after defeating Kazumasa Sakai by 21-11, 21-19 in Jakarta.
17th June, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi today inaugurates Kerala's first metro
line in Kochi.
• Former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl who is also known as the Father of German Reunification, died at the age of 87. He was the longest serving post-war chancellor from 1982 to 1998 of Germany.
16th June, Current Affairs:
• Government has made Aadhaar Card mandatory for opening new bank
accounts as well as existing accounts. All existing bank accounts will have
to be linked with Aadhaar number by December 31, 2017 or else they will be
• Law expert Neeru Chadha becomes 1st Indian woman as member of International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) for a nine-year term from 2017 to 2026.
15th June, Current Affairs:
• Virat Kohli becomes the fastest to score 8000 ODI runs as he reach the milestone in his 175th innings. He broke the record of South African captain AB de Villiers who had taken 182 innings to reach the milestone.
14th June, Current Affairs:
• World Blood Donors Day 2017 observed today.
• The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) successfully test fired anti-tank missile 'Nag' in Rajasthan.
12th June, Current Affairs:
• World Day against Child Labour 2017 observed today.
• England wins the Under-20 World Cup final after defeating Venezuela by 1-0 in South Korea.
11th June, Current Affairs:
• Rates of 66 items under the upcoming GST regime have been revised at
the 16th GST Council meet concluded today.
• Rafel Nadal beat Stan Wawrinka of Switzerland by 6-2, 6-3, 6-1 to win his 10th French Open Men's title.
• Jelena Ostapenko defeated Simona Halep by 4-6 6-4 6-3 to win the French Open Women's final to become the first Latvian to win a grand slam title.
• Shikhar Dhawan became the fastest to score 1000 runs in ICC One-Day International tournaments taking just 16 innings. He beat Sachin Tendulkar's record of 18 innings to breach the 1000-run mark.
10th June, Current Affairs:
• The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) made it clear that Aadhaar will mandatory for filing of Income Tax Returns or for obtaining a new PAN from July 1.
9th June, Current Affairs:
• India becoming an official member state of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) security bloc, which is jointly led by Russia and China.
8th June, Current Affairs:
• The Indo-Canadian pair of Rohan Bopanna and Gabriela Dabrowski beat the
Columbian-German pair of Robert Farah and Anna-Lena Gronefeld 2-6, 6-2,
12-10 to win the mixed doubles French Open title.
• Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli is the sole sportsperson from the country to feature among the world's 100 highest paid athletes in the latest Forbes list.
7th June, Current Affairs:
• Sher Bahadur Deuba elected as the Prime Minister of Nepal for fourth
• Election Commission today announced that voting for choosing India's next president will be held on July 17.
4th June, Current Affairs:
• India successfully launched GSLV-Mk III. It is the heaviest ISRO rocket
till date, has taken off with the 3,136-kg GSAT-19 communication satellite
• Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain severed their ties with Qatar accusing it of supporting terrorism.
• World Environment Day observed with the theme "Connecting People to Nature".
3rd June, Current Affairs:
• 7 dead and 48 injured in a terror attack at London Bridge and Borough
• Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth wins his maiden Grand Prix gold title after defeating Indonesian Jonatan Christie in the final.
• Real Madrid wins the Champions League after defeating Juventus by 4-1 in the final.
2nd June, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Paris on official visit.
• The CBSE class 10 results declared with pass percentage of 90.95.
• Indian origin Leo Varadkar elected as the next Prime Minister of Ireland.
1st June, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives in Russia to attained Annual
• ICC Champions Trophy 2017 starts from today in England.