Current Affairs,June 2022
30th June, Current Affairs:
• Eknath Shinde take oath as Maharashtra
Chief Minister and Devendra Fadnavis take oath as Deputy Chief Minister.
• The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) today launched three satellites for Singapore from its Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
• Ferdinand Marcos Jr has been sworn in as the President of the Philippines in Manila today. He succeeded the outgoing President Rodrigo Duterte.
29th June, Current Affairs:
• The Maharashtra Cabinet has approved the
proposal to rename Aurangabad city as Sambhaji Nagar and Osmanabad as
• The election for the post of Vice President will be held on August 6, the Election Commission said today.
• India today successfully flight-tested the indigenously developed high-speed expendable aerial target (HEAT), ABHYAS, from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur off the Odisha coast.
28th June, Current Affairs:
• Deepak Punia won a bronze medal after
defeating Maksat Satybaldy in the 86kg freestyle weight category at the U23
Asian wrestling championships 2022 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
• England's World Cup-winning captain Eoin Morgan is set to retire from all forms of international cricket.
• Mukesh Ambani has resigned from the board of his group’s telecom arm, Reliance Jio and handed over the reins of the company to Akash Ambani.
26th June, Current Affairs:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached
Germany this morning to attend the G7 Summit.
• Madhya Pradesh lifted their first Ranji Trophy title after beating the 41-time champions Mumbai in the final at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
• The US Congress has passed a gun control bill, which is being considered the most significant firearms legislation in nearly 30 years.
23rd June, Current Affairs:
• IAS officer Parameswaran Iyer was
appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NITI Aayog. Iyer's
term will begin upon the completion of current CEO Amitabh Kant's tenure on
June 30, 2022.
• NDA’s candidate for the post of President of India, Droupadi Murmu, filed her nomination papers today, ahead of the polls to be held on July 18th 2022.
• The Central government today appointed senior IPS officer Tapan Kumar Deka as Director of Intelligence Bureau for a period of two years, till June 2024.
21st June, Current Affairs:
• The 8th edition of International Day of
Yoga is being celebrated today.
• Senior diplomat Ruchira Kamboj was appointed as India's Permanent Representative to the United Nations in New York.
• Former Union Minister Yashwant Sinha will be the opposition candidate for Presidential Election.
19th June, Current Affairs:
• Today is the National Reading Day. The
day is celebrated in honour of P N Panicker, considered the Father of
Kerala's Library and Literacy Movement.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi today dedicated the main tunnel and five underpasses of the Pragati Maidan Integrated Transit Corridor Project to the nation in New Delhi.
• Tokyo Olympics gold medallist Neeraj Chopra bagged a gold medal at the Kuortane Games after registering a throw of 86.69m in his first attempt.
18th June, Current Affairs:
• The Ministry of Home Affairs has decided
to reserve 10 per cent vacancies for recruitment in Central Armed Police
Forces and Assam Rifles for Agniveers.
• Thirty-one people have died in floods and landslides in Assam and Meghalaya in the last two days. More than 19 lakh people in 28 Assam districts are affected by flood.
• Gujarat becomes the first state in the country to launch Balika Panchayat. This is a unique initiative of the Women and Child Development Welfare department of the Gujarat Government under the 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao' campaign. It started in Kunaria, Maska, Motagua, and Vadsar villages of the Kutch district.
• Mumbai and Madhya Pradesh reach the final of the Ranji Trophy.
17th June, Current Affairs:
• The Kempegowda International Airport in
Bengaluru has bagged the best regional airport in India and South Asia title
in the 2022 skytrax World Airport awards.
• England cricket team registered the highest ever score in the history of ODI cricket. They scores of 498/4 in 50 overs against Netherlands at the VRA Stadium in Amstelveen.
14th June, Current Affairs:
• World Blood Donor Day is observed today.
The slogan for this year is ‘Donating blood is an act of solidarity. Join
the effort and save lives'.
• The Centre today cleared the AGNIPATH Scheme for recruitment of youth in the Armed Forces. The government has approved a new short-term recruitment policy called "Agnipath" for Indian youth to serve in the armed forces as "agniveers". Under the scheme, people between the age of 17.5 years and 21 years will be inducted into the services for a four-year tenure.
• Microsoft will retire its oldest browser Internet Explorer on June 15 after 27 years of service.
13th June, Current Affairs:
• West Bengal Assembly passes Bill to
replace Governor with Chief Minister as Chancellor of State universities.
• India’s retail inflation eased marginally to 7.04% in May from 7.79% in April.
• In the Khelo India Youth Games 2021, Haryana grabbed the top position in the medal tally with 52 gold, 39 silver and 46 bronze medals. Maharashtra got the second position by winning 125 medals while Karnataka remained in third place.
9th June, Current Affairs:
• Members of the European Parliament have
voted to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars by 2035. The move aims
to step up the fight against climate change through the faster development
of electric vehicles.
• Pakistan captain Babar Azam created history at the Multan Cricket Stadium as he slammed a century vs West Indies in the first ODI. This was Babar's third consecutive century in ODIs, having scored 114 and 105* against Australia in Lahore. As a result of this he became the first batter in the history of ODI cricket to score three consecutive centuries in the format twice over.
• Mumbai Cricket Team broke the world record for the highest margin of victory in the history of first-class cricket as they defeated Uttarakhand by 725 runs on the fourth day of their Ranji Trophy quarter-final. Mumbai broke New South Wales' 92-year-old Sheffield Shield record when they beat Queensland by 685 runs.
8th June, Current Affairs:
• The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of
the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Wednesday voted unanimously to increase
the policy repo rate by 50 basis points to 4.90%.
• Tokyo Paralympics champion Avani Lekhara won gold at the Para Shooting World Cup with a world record score of 250.6 in women's 10m air rifle standing SH1 in Chateauroux, France.
• Former India women's team captain Mithali Raj announced her retirement from international cricket. Mithali Raj, who played 12 Tests, 232 ODIs and 89 T20Is, amassed more than 10,000 runs in international cricket.
• World Ocean Day is observed today.
• Today is World Brain Tumour Day.
5th June, Current Affairs:
• Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated
the fourth edition of Khelo India Youth Games-2021'at Panchkula, Haryana.
• World Environment Day is being celebrated across the globe today. The theme of this year's World Environment Day is - only one Earth.
• Rafael Nadal defeats Casper Ruud in the final of French Open men's singles 6-3, 6-3, 6-0 to clinch his record-extending 14th French Open title at the Court Philipp-Chatrier.
4th June, Current Affairs:
• Biological E Limited’s Corbevax has
become the first Covid-19 vaccine in India to be approved by the Drug
Controller General of India (DCGI) as a heterologous Covid-19 booster dose.
This means that adults fully vaccinated with Covishield or Covaxin can take
Corbevax as their third or booster shot.
• United Nations has changed the name of Turkey to Türkiye after the Turkish Government requested it to do so.
• Iga Swiatek defeated Coco Gauff with a 6-1, 6-3 in the French Open 2022 women's singles final to claim her second Roland Garros title.
2nd June, Current Affairs:
• World Bicycle Day is observed today.
• The first liquid mirror telescope of India was commissioned atop Devasthal, a hill in Uttarakhand. It is also the largest in Asia. This will help to keep a watch on the overhead sky to identify transient or variable objects such as supernovae, gravitational lenses, space debris, and asteroids.
1st June, Current Affairs:
• Eminent playback singer Krishnakumar
Kunnath popularly known as KK passed away yesterday in Kolkata at the age of
• In Asia Cup men’s hockey 2022 at Jakarta, team India defeated Japan 1-0 to win the bronze medal.
• Today is World Milk Day. The theme for this year is “Dairy Net Zero”.