1. The first coins were minted (made) around 2500 years ago.
2. Paper money was first used in China over 1000 years ago.
3. The first "rupee” was first introduced by Sher Shah Suri. It was based on a ratio of 40 copper pieces (paisa) per rupee.
4. Udaya K Dharmalingam is the designer of the Indian rupee Symbol, which was adopted by the Government of India in 2010.
5. From 1953, Hindi was displayed prominently on the new notes.
6. The Government of India took over the issue of banknotes in 1861 from the Private and Presidency Banks.
7. The first series of coins with the Indian rupee symbol was launched on 8 July, 2011.
8. The first 1000Rs Note was introduced in 2000.
9. The first Mahatma Gandhi Series 20Rs and 5Rs note was introduced in 2001.
10. Decimalization started in 1957 and the rupee was divided into 100 Naye Paise.
11. Total 15 Languages (Apart from English) are printed in Indian Rupee Note. They are Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Panjabi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
12. In India, the first paper banknote was published by Bank of Hindustan in 1770.
13. The current Mahatma Gandhi series of banknotes stared from 1996 with new series of 10Rs notes.
14. Indian coins are produced in 4 cities: Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata. The coins produce from each city puts an identification mark under the year of issue. Coins produced in Delhi have a dot mark, Mumbai have diamond mark, Hyderabad have star mark and coin produce from Kolkata have nothing beneath the year.
15. Credit cards were first used in the United States in the 1920’s.
|Czech Republic||Czech Koruna||CZK|
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong Dollar||HKD|
|Saudi Arabia||Saudi Riyal||SAR|
|South Africa||South African Rand||ZAR|
|United Arab Emirates||United Arab Emirates Dirham||AED|
|United Kingdom||British Pound||GBP|
|United States||United States Dollar||USD|