United Kingdom Facts and Information
Home⇒Interesting Facts⇒Country Wise Facts⇒ United Kingdom Facts
• London has been called Londonium, Ludenwic, and Ludenburg in the past.
• No place in United Kingdom is more than 75 miles from the sea.
• United Kingdom has four national soccer teams - England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. It is the only country to have so many national soccer teams.
• United Kingdom is the first country in the world to issue national stamps. The first nation-wide stamp also first adhesive stamp was issued in 1840.
• The Anglo-Portuguese Treaty was signed in 1373 and is still in force making Portugal the oldest ally of England.
• United Kingdom is the only country in the world without a written constitution.
• Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the World. It is the official family home to British kings and queens for over 1,000 years.
• 58 countries in the world celebrate Independence Day from United Kingdom.
• Sixteen countries are still technically subjects of the British monarchy.
• On Sept. 9, 2015, Queen Elizabeth II becomes the longest-reigning UK monarch ever. She broke her great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria's record of 63 years, seven months and two days on the throne.