USA Facts and Information
Home⇒Interesting Facts⇒Country Wise Facts⇒ USA Facts
• The US is the 4th largest country in the world by area wise and 3rd largest by population.
• The United States purchased Alaska from the Russian Empire on March 30, 1867 for 7.2 million dollars which is almost 2 cents per acre at that time.
• 86% of the land in Nevada is owned by the U.S. government.
• The U.S. State with the longest official name is the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.
• Although English is the official language, but U.S. has no recognized official language.
• Hawaii is the most recent state to join US (joining in 1959) and is the only one made up entirely of islands.
• Alaska has a longer coastline than all of the other 49 U.S. states put together.
• 1 out of every 8 Americans has been employed by McDonald's at some point.
• Out of the 44 American Presidents who have held the post, eight presidents have died in office. Four have been assassinated in office and four died of natural causes.
• The Statue of Liberty was a gift to the United States from the people of France in the year 1886.