• Jammu and Kashmir is located in the northernmost part of the Indian at the foot hill of Himalaya.
• It has two capitals- Jammu, the winter capital and Srinagar, the summer capital.
• The state shares its border with Himachal Pradesh and Punjab to the south, Pakistan in west and northwest and China in the north and east.
• It consists of three divisions -Jammu, Kashmir Valley and Ladakh.
• Total area of the state is 2,22,236 sq. km.
• There are total 22 districts in the state.
• Total population in the state is more than 1.25 cores according to 2011 census.
• The density in the state is 56 per square km.
• Literacy rate is 66.7 %.
• English and Urdu is the official language of Jammu and Kashmir. Punjabi, Dogri, Kashmiri, Balti, Ladakhi are some other languages that are spoken in Jammu and Kashmir.
• Jhelum, Indus, Tawi, Ravi and Chenab are the major rivers flowing through the state.
• The economy of the state is mainly depends on agriculture and tourism.
• Vaishno Devi, Amarnath, Kashmir, Jammu, Dal Lake, Shalimar Bagh, Pahalgam, Gulmarg, Ladakh are the major tourist attraction in the state. Every year, thousands of pilgrims visit holy shrines of Vaishno Devi and Amarnath.
• Jammu, Kashmir, Udhampur, Rajauri, Poonch, Kathua, Leh, Anantnag are some of the main cities in the state.