• Kailash Satyarthi is the Nobel Peace Prize winner from India in the year 2014.
• He shared the prize with another human right activist from Pakistan Malala Yousafzai.
• As mention by Nobel committee, the award has been given "for their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education".
• Kailash Satyarthi was born in Vidisha District of Madhya Pradesh in the Year 1954.
• He completed his BE from Samrat Ashok Technological Institute, Vidisha in electrical engineering. He then joined a college in Bhopal as a lecturer for a few years.
• In 1980 his gave up his career to start movement known as Bachpan Bachao Andolan (Save the Childhood Movement) to end child slavery and exploitative child labor.
• In the late 1990s, Satyarthi was a lead organiser of the Global March against Child Labour, aimed at raising consciousness about millions of children abused worldwide in a form of modern slavery.
• Till now more than 75000 children have been recue from slave and other child exploitation.