• Lakshadweep is athe group of 36 islands. It is a uni-district Union Territory and comprises of 12 atolls, three reefs, five submerged banks and ten inhabited islands.
• Lakshadweep smallest Union Territory.
• It is known for its exotic and sun-kissed beaches and lush green landscape.
• Lakshadweep means "one hundred thousand islands" in Sanskrit, and Malayalam.
• Malayalam is the most spoken language in the territory.
• The islands have a total area of 32 sq km.
• The capital of Lakshadweep is Kavaratti and it is also the principal town of the Union Territory.
• At the 2011 Indian census, the population of the Union Territory was 64,473 and a literacy rate of 92.28%.
• Agatti Aerodrome on Agatti Island is the only airport in Lakshadweep.