• Madhya Pradesh is located in central part of India.
• With an area of 3, 08, 000 sq.km it is the second largest state in India after Rajasthan.
• The state is also known by nicknamed the "heart of India" due to its geographical location.
• Bhopal is the capital city of India and Indore is the largest city of Madhya Pradesh.
• It borders the states of Uttar Pradesh to the northeast, Chhattisgarh to the southeast, Maharashtra to the south, Gujarat to the west, and Rajasthan to the northwest.
• The state was formed on 1st of November 1956.
• Hindi is the official language of Madhya Pradesh.
• The state has total 51 districts.
• Population in the state is more than 7 cores according to 2011 census.
• The density is 236 per sqaure km.
• Literacy rate in the state is 70.60 %.
• The main tourist attraction in the state is Sanchi Stupa, Gwalior Fort, Orchha Fort, Khajuraho, Ujjain, Bandhavgarh NP, Kanha NP. Main rivers in the state are Narmada, Tapti, Betwa, Son, Chambal.
• The Narmada is the longest river in Madhya Pradesh.
• Madhya Pradesh is the home to 11 National Parks including Kanha National Park, Bandhavgarh National Park, Sanjay National Park, Satpura National Park, Madhav National Park.
• Madhya Pradesh is the home of largest tribal population in India. The main tribal groups in Madhya Pradesh are Korku, Gond, Kaul, Mariya, Bhil, Baiga, Bhadia etc.
|Bird||Indian paradise flycatcher|
|Song||Mera Madhya Pradesh|