Maharashtra is a state located in the western region of India. The state is known for its rich culture, history, and heritage. The state's capital is Mumbai, which is also known as the financial capital of India and a major center of trade, industry, and entertainment.
The state is also known for its rich architectural heritage, such as the Ajanta and Ellora caves, the Elephanta Caves and the Gateway of India. The state is known for its production of sugarcane, cotton, and oranges. The state is also home to a number of industries such as automobiles, textiles, and information technology.
Maharashtra is also known for its beautiful beaches, hill stations and wildlife sanctuaries. Some of the famous beaches are Alibag, Kashid and Murud. The state is also home to several national parks and wildlife sanctuaries such as the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve and the Kanha National Park.
Below are some important facts to remember about Maharashtra:
• Maharashtra is located on the western region of India.
• The state was established on 1st May 1960.
• Maharashtra is the wealthiest and most developed state in India, contributing 15% of the country's industrial output and 13.3% of its GDP.
• Total area of the state is 307,710 square km.
• It shares its border with Gujarat to the northwest, Madhya Pradesh to the north, Chhattisgarh to the east, Andhra Pradesh to the southeast, Karnataka to the south, and Goa to the southwest and by the union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and the Arabian Sea to the west.
• Mumbai is the state capital city of Maharashtra. Mumbai is also known as the financial capital of the India.
• There are 35 districts in Maharashtra.
• It is the second most populous state of India with more than 11 cores population according to 2011 census.
• Population density in the state is 370 per square km.
• Literacy rate is 82.9 %. Marathi is the official language of the state.
• The economy of Maharashtra is mainly depends on trade, entertainment, technology, petroleum and film industry.
• Bollywood is one of the largest centers of film production in the world is located on Mumbai.
• Godavari, Penganga, Bhima is the main rivers of Maharashtra. Mumbai, Pune, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Nagpur, Nashik are the main cities of Maharashtra.
• Ajanta Caves, Ellora Caves, Elephanta Caves, Mumbai, Panchgani, Shirdi, Lonavala are the main tourist attraction in Maharashtra.
|Animal||Indian giant squirrel|
|Bird||Yellow-footed green pigeon|
|Flower||Pride of India/Jarul|