• BJP announces core team. Varun Gandhi, Amit Shah, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, JP Nanda and Murlidhar Rao were elevated as the party's General Secretary by the BJP president Rajnath Singh.
• Serena Williams win Miami masters open Tennis Tournament for record sixth time.
• Social activist Anna Hazare started his ‘Jantantra Yatra’ from Jallianwala Bagh.
• North Korea declares ''state of war'' against South Korea.
• Former Pakistan President Musharraf barred from going out of Pak.
• Nelson Mandela admitted in hospital with lung infection in Johannesburg.
• New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder is in hospital at Christchurch after suffering serious head injuries in an altercation outside a local bar.
• India celebrates Holi.
• 2,290 rhinos found in Kaziranga National Park, Assam as per the census conducted in the park.
• Tiger Woods regained his world no. 1 spot in PGA rankings after he win The Arnold Palmer Invitation at Orlando, Florida.
• Italian Foreign Minister Giulio Terzi resigned on Tuesday over his government's decision to return two marines to India.
• The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) asked Subrata Roy, the head of the Sahara, to appear before it on April 10.
• Indian PM Manmohan Singh reach South Africa to attend 2013 BRICS Summit.
• Navneet Kaur Dhillon from Chandigarh wins Femina Miss India 2013.
• Former President Pervez Musharraf return back to Pakistan.
• India wins Airtel Border Gavaskar Trophy defiting Autralia 4-0 in the series. R Ashwin declares as man of the series.
• Jodhpur Court frames fresh charges against Bollywood actor Salman Khan and others.
• Nikhil Kumar sworn in as ne Governor of Kerala.
• Earth Hour 2013 observed in more than 150 countries.
• Two Italian marines accused of killing two Indian fishermen returned to India Friday.
• Former President Pervez Musharraf gets bail ahead of return to Pakistan.
• Fourth and Final test between India and Australia start at Firoz Shah Kotla Ground, Delhi.
• Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt sentenced for five years in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case. Supreme Court confirm death sentence of Yakub Abdul Razak Memon.
• The Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa presented a tax-free budget for 2013-14.
• The UN Human Rights Council vote on a US-sponsored resolution on Sri Lanka in Geneva.
• Anti-Rape bill passed in Rajya Sabha.
• Bangladesh President Zillur Rahman dies after illness at a hospital in Singapore.
• 37 people killed when a Mumbai-bound bus plunged into the Jagbudi River in Ratnagiri district.
• DMK withdraw support from UPA.
• Lok Sabha passed the anti-rape bill.
• India wins the third test to take a lead of 3-0 in the ongoing Airtel Border-Gavaskar trophy.
• National Film Award declared. Paan Singh Tomar declare as the best film, while Irffan Khan and Vikram Gokhale share the best actor Award. Usha Jadhav choosen as best actress.
• Australia wins Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey defeating Malaysia 3-2.
• Shikhar Dhawan score fastest test 100 by any batsman on debut.
• Bobby Ghosh became the First Indian and Non-American to be appointed as Editor of Time Magazine
• Founder of Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Kallam Anji Reddy died.
• Pakistan Govt. complete 5 Year terms, first government to complete after independence.
• World Consumer Rights Day observed for creating awareness in terms of consumer protection.
• Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's speech, which was broadcast simultaneously at 53 locations across 26 cities in Gujarat using 3-D hologram projection technology, has entered in the Guinness Book of World Records.
• Xi Jinping has assumed charge of President’s office in China.
• Chief Justice Khil Raj Regmi sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Nepal.
• Malaysian author Tan Twan Eng won the Asia’s top literary prize “Man Asian Literary Prize” for his novel ‘The Garden of Evening Mists’, for the year 2012.
• Petrol prices have been cut by Rs. 2 per liter effective midnight in India.
• Third test between India and Australia begins in Mohali. Australia ended day 273/7.
• Jorge Mario Bergoglio has been elected as new pope of the Catholic Church in Vetican City.
• World Bank estimated India’s economy to grow by 6% in 2013-14.
• Five CRPF men killed in fidayeen attack in Srinagar.
• West zone win Deodhar Trophy, 2013 with a five-wicket win over North Zone in Guwahati .
• Ashwani Kumar and S.C. Jamir appointed as new Governors of Nagaland and Odisha respectively.
• Union Minister of Communications & IT Kapil Sibal inaugurated India’s First All Women Employees Post Office at Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi.
• Australia cricket team management drop four players ahead of third test for disciplinary reasons.
• Mukesh Ambani titled India’s richest person for 6th year in a row with a net-worth of $21.5 billion.
• Mukul Sangma sworn in as CM of Meghalaya for second time.
• Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez died at 58.
• India take 2-0 lead against Australia in Airtel Border-Gavashkar Trophy, 2013.
• World No.1 Novak Djokovic clinches ATP Dubai Open 2013.
• Neiphiu Rio sworn as new CM of Nagaland for third time.
• Manik Sarkar sworn as Chief Minister of Tripura for the fourth time.
• Rajasthani writer Hariram Meena chosen for Bihari Puraskar.
• U.S. baby’s HIV “functionally cured”.