• Mizoram is one of the states of Northeast India.
• It was established on 20th February 1987.
• Mizoram shares its borders with Myanmar in east and south, Bangladesh in south and east, Assam in east, and Manipur in north.
• Total area in the state is 21,087 square km.
• Total population in the state is 10, 91, 014 according to 2011 census.
• It is the 2nd least populous state in the country.
• The density of population is 52 persons per square kilometer.
• Total literacy rate is 91.58%.
• There are 8 districts in the state.
• The official language is Mizo.
• The biggest river in Mizoram is Chhimtuipui.
• The majority of the population is Christian (87%).
• Aizawal is the capital city of the state.
• The economy of the state is depends on agriculture.
• Mim Kut or Maize Festivals, Chaphar Kut, Pawl Kut etc are the festival celebrated by Mizos.
|Bird||Mrs. Hume's pheasant|
|Tree||Indian rose chestnut|
|Category||English Term||Mizo Term|
|District||Headquarter||Population (2001)||Area (km²)||Density (sq/mi)|