• Nagaland is one of the states located on the North Eastern part of India.
• The State of Nagaland was formally established on December 1st, 1963, as the 16th State of the Indian Union.
• It is bounded by Assam in the West, Myanmar on the east, Arunachal Pradesh and part of Assam on the North and Manipur in the South.
• Kohima is the capital city and while Dimapur is the largest city in the state.
• Total area in the state is 16,579 sq km.
• Total population in the state is around 18 lakhs according to 2011 census.
• The density in the state is 119 per sq km.
• The state has only one parliamentary constituency.
• The State consists of 7 Districts.
• Literacy rate in the state is 80.11 %.
• Nagaland is inhabited by 16 major tribes along with other sub-tribes. Angami, Ao, Chakhesang, Chang, Khiamniungan, Kuki, Konyak, Lotha, Phom, Pochury etc are some of the major tribes inhabited in Nagaland.
• English is the official language of Nagaland. Angami, Ao, Chakhesang, Chang etc are the other languages used in Nagaland.
• 90% of the state population is Christian by religion.
• Economy of the state is mainly depends on agriculture.
• Milak, Barak, Dhansiri are the major rivers in the state.
• Dimapur, Kohima, Mokokchung etc are the main tourist attraction place in Nagaland.