• India's Mars orbiter craft leave the Earth's sphere of influence (SOI) and begin the 300-day voyage in deep space to the Mars.
• India's economy grows 4.8 per cent in the three months through September.
• Nepali Congress emerged as the largest party in Nepal's Constituent Assembly polls having topped in both the direct and proportionate voting systems.
• Batting legend Sachin Tendulkar became UNICEF's first brand ambassador for South Asia and will work in promoting hygiene and sanitation in the region.
• Pakistan appoints Lieutenant General Raheel Sharif as new army chief.
• India beat the West Indies in the three-match cricket series 2-1.
• A book of psalms from 1640 has become the world's most expensive printed book as it was auctioned in New York for $14.2m.
• Rajesh and Nupur Talwar were sentenced to life in prison by a CBI court for the twin murders of their daughter Aarushi and their domestic help Hemraj in 2008.
• Apple has topped the 'World's Most Valuable List' compiled by Forbes magazine with a brand value of $104.3 billion.
• A CBI court in Delhi convicted Parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar in the case of murder of their young daughter, Aarushi and their domestic help, Hemraj in 2008.
• Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh and Mizoram ended peacefully with polling percentage of 71 and 82 respectively.
• Afghanistan's Loya Jirga assembly voted in favor of a deal with the United States that would pave the way for U.S. troops to remain in the country after 2014.
• Iran and P5+1 (United States, France, Germany, Britain, China and Russia) group of Nations reached a breakthrough deal on 24 November 2013 to curb Iran's nuclear programme in exchange for limited sanctions relief.
• Supreme Court Chief Justice P Sathasivam inaugurated a day-long National Lok Adalat where for the first time 39 lakh pending cases are being taken up simultaneously all over the country for settlement. The Lok Adalats are taking place in the Supreme Court, 24 high courts and all the district courts of the country.
• Cyclonic storm Helen hits in Andhra Pradesh.
• Norway's Magnus Carlsen becomes world chess champion after defeating Five-time title-holder Viswanathan Anand in World Chess Championship match in Chennai.
• Election Commission announced that voter-verified paper audit trail (VVPAT) is to be used on a large-scale for the first time in the country in Mizoram State Election.
• Virat Kohli became the fastest batsman to score 5000 runs in one-day internationals when he scored 86 against the West Indies. Kohli achieved the feat in just 120 matches and 114 innings.
• The 44th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) began at Panaji in Goa.
• Former Olympic gold medalist V Baskaran as Coach of the Senior Men Hockey Team.
• India's first women's bank, the Bharatiya Mahila Bank has been inaugurated in Mumbai at the Air India building in Nariman Point.
• 14-year-old Prithvi Pankaj Shaw from Rizvi Springfield, Mumbai scores 546 in 330 balls in prestigious Elite Division Harris Shield Under-16 cricket tournament. He has broken the earlier Mumbai schools cricket record of Armaan Jaffer who had scored 498 in Giles Shield semi-final in 2010-11.
• Chhattisgarh recorded 74.70 per cent voter turnout in 72 Assembly constituencies in the second phase of polling.
• A motion laid in the House of Commons, England congratulating Sachin Tendulkar on a magnificent career and for being an ambassador for the game.
• German Chancellor Angela Merkel selected for Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2013.
• India successfully test-fired the advanced BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from the Pokhran, Rajasthan.
• The Czech Republic retained their Davis Cup title after Radek Stepanek defeats Dusan Lajovic in the decisive match to seal a 3-2 final victory over Serbia.
• 27-year-old Jamaican Usain Bolt has been named male World Athlete of the Year for a fifth time. Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce selected for the Women's Athlete of the Year award.
• Malta will host the next Commonwealth summit in 2015.
• Abdulla Yameen sworn in as new Maldives President.
• Actress Waheeda Rehman will receive the inaugural Centenary Award for the Indian Film Personality of the Year, a special honor to commemorate the 100 years of Indian cinema.
• The Prime Minister's Office announced that Indian Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and highly regarded scientist CNR Rao will be awarded the Bharat Ratna, India's biggest civilian award. Sachin Tendulkar become the first sportsperson to received Bharat Ratna.
• The super aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya formally joined the Indian Navy.
• The 22nd Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, CHOGM began in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
• Indian wins the Test Series 2-0 against West Indies. Rohit Sharma elected as Man of the Series. This is the last Test Match of Sachin Tendulkar.
• Maldives President Mohamed Waheed has stepped down from the post on the eve of the second round of the country's presidential polls.
• BCCI excludes Virender Sehwag, Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh in new contract list for the 2013-14 seasons.
• Children’s Day and World Diabetes Day observed across India.
• India's first fully privately funded Rapid Metro Gurgaon starts of its commercial operations.
• The last Test Match of Sachin Tendulkar's cricketing life starts in Mumbai.
• Usha Anathasubramaniam appointed as the first Chairperson and Managing Director of Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB), the first all-women bank of India.
• The Supreme Court said that it is mandatory for the police to register FIR if a complainant approaches it for the registration of a cognizable offence.
• The first office tower at Ground Zero site opened after the September 11, 2001 attacks.
• The annual consumer price inflation increases to 10.09 percent in October from 9.84 percent in September.
• UP Lokayukta has given a clean chit to BSP chief Mayawati in the alleged Noida farmhouse scam.
• The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved Etihad's $325 million (Rs. 2,000 crore) deal to buy a 24 percent stake in Jet Airways.
• 1st phase of voting in Chhattisgarh begins with high security.
• Woman shooter Heena Sidhu created history by becoming the third pistol exponent from India after Anjali Bhagwat (2003) and Gagan Narang (2008) to win a gold medal at the ISSF World Cup finals in Munich, Germany.
• Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) formally renamed the Kandivili ground as the Sachin Tendulkar Gymkhana Club.
• Death toll increases to 10,000 in the typhoon hit Philippines.
• Miss Venezuela Gabriela Isler becomes Miss Universe 2013 in a ceremony in Crocus City Hall in Moscow.
• At least 1,200 died in super typhoon Haiyan in Philippines.
• The Supreme Court put a stay order till 6th December, 2013 on Gauhati High court verdict which had declared the setting up of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) as unconstitutional.
• Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh decides not to attend CHOGM Summit to be held in Sri Lanka next week. India's External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid will head the Indian delegation at the Summit.
• World chess championship game starts in Chennai between World champion Viswanathan Anand and world number one Magnus Carlsen of Norway.
• UN has conferred the 'UN Frontline Workers Global Leadership Award' to Martha Dodray from Darbhanga district of Bihar for her commitment and dedication in eradicating polio in India.
• The Indian Mars spacecraft successfully completed the second of the six orbit raising maneuvers for the Mars Orbiter.
• India successfully test fired its indigenously developed nuclear-capable surface-to-surface Agni-I missile from Odisha.
• 2018 men's hockey World Cup will be held on India.
• India wins by an innings and 51 runs against West Indies in the 1st test at Kolkata.
• Allahabad High Court ordered Uttar Pradesh government to withdraw unauthorized security provided to 830 people and recover money spent on them within 15 days.
• According to the Wealth-X-UBS billionaire census report 2013, India has 103 billionaires. Mumbai among the top five 'billionaire cities' globally with 30 billionaires.
• Celebrity chef Tarla Dalal passes away in Mumbai at the age of 76.
• A R Rahman has been conferred an honor by Canada as a Canadian street in Markham, Ontario has been named after him.
• Piramal Enterprises Ltd. has acquired over-the-counter (OTC) brand Caladryl in India from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
• India's first Mars orbiter Mangalyaan took off successfully from the PSLV-C25 launch vehicle at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Andhra Pradesh. It completed its first stage of its journey successfully when entered the Earth's orbit around 44 minutes after blastoff. Mangalyaan will enter Mars orbit in September 2014.
• A court in Bangladesh has sentenced 152 people to death for their actions in a 2009 border guard mutiny in which 74 people were killed.
• China sets up station at the Daulat Beg Oldie (DBO) sector in Ladakh near the Line of Actual Control, to monitor Indian planes.
• Yuki Bhambri wins his first ATP Challenger level singles title of the season and second of his career after defeating American Bradely Klahn in the summit clash of the Traralgon event in Australia.
• India celebrates Diwali.
• The 56 and-a-half hour countdown for the launch of India's first space mission to Mars, PSLV C25 slated for November 5, commenced at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
• Famous Pakistani folk singer Reshma dies due to throat cancer in Lahore.
• India wins the seven matches ODI series against Australia 3-2.
• Rohit Sharma makes record of most sixes in an ODI match with 16 sixes in his 209 run innings against Australia.
• The election process in Madhya Pradesh and Mizoram initiated with the issue of gazette notification by the respective Governors of the two States.
• Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) clears launch of India's maiden mission to Mars on November 5.
• Pakistan Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud killed in drone strike.