• Rajasthan is located on the north-western part of India.
• The state was established on 1st November, 1956.
• Rajasthan is the largest state in India in area wise. Total area in the state is 342, 239 square km.
• It is bounded to the north and northeast by Punjab and Haryana, to the east and southeast by Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, to the southwest by Gujarat, and to the west and northwest by Pakistan.
• Jaipur is the capital and largest city of Rajasthan.
• The state has total 33 districts. Most of the part in the state is comprise of Thar Desert.
• The southern part of the state is about 225 km from the Gulf of Kutch and about 400 km from the Arabian Sea.
• Total population in the state is more than 6.5 cores according to 2011 census.
• The density of the population is 2011 per square km.
• Literacy in the state is 68 %.
• Hindi is the official language of the state.
• The economy of the state is primarily depends on agriculture and tourism. Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Keoladeo Ghana NP, Ranthambore NP etc are among the most preferred tourist destinations in India. Chittorgarh Fort, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Ranthambore Fort, Gagron Fort, Amber Fort, Jaisalmer Fort and Amber Fort have recently been declared world heritage sites by UNESCO.
• Beas, Chambal, Banas, Luni are the main rivers in Rajasthan. Ghoomar dance, Kalbeliya dance etc are the main dance of Rajasthan.
|Heritage animal||Dromedary camel|